B&B: Ratings are sinking

• Members

My mom and her SIL used to watch B&B and when it got too repetitive, especially with the Brooke/Ridge/Taylor triangle, they got bored and tuned out. Both happened to catch a glimpse of it recently and were still disgusted. They were tired of Brooke banging every member of the Forrester family (I wouldn't be surprised if the show sorased Thorne's daughter so she and Brooke could have a lesbian love affair) and the same old crap over and over again.

I realize with a half-hour soap and a smaller cast, you are limited in certain areas, but a good writer can and will be creative with the stories and how the characters are used.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This has always been Brad Bell's excuse, but it doesn't work because soaps strived in the 30 minute format. I watch Ryan's Hope, Peyton Place, Port Charles and Search For Tomorrow and none of these soaps have his problem with characters. Plus with B&B's higher ratings they clearly have a higher budget so they can afford new talent. All the stunt casting and trips out of the country could be used to revamp the cast.

• Members

I am not sure why but B&B has always been the soap I have least liked over the years. There has been a time when I have watched all 9 current soaps for a full week or 2, except for the B&B. I am sure a lot of reasons why the ratings are so high is because of its timeslot(following soaps highest rated show) and only being 30 minutes instead of another full hour after daytime's #1 soap IMO helps the show.

I hate GH, but mainly because its DAYS rival.

• Members

In my part of the country BB comes after boring jepardy or Extra news. Not much of a viewer pulling lead-in by my account.

I've been to theboldandthebeautiful.com message board and eeeks! They do so much character bashing it's no wonder they have fan base wars. However if that's the site brad bell sometimes posts at it's still slower than molasses compared to the days sony board. So I'm thinking they don't have a lot of viewership cross over or that many fans have been turned off by the verbal bashing that they stick to posting about other soaps.

I don't have the emotional baggage history to automatically dislike new pairings but for all the inbreeding they really should be set in the ummmmmmm who should I bash????? southern Utah on the Colorado border.

I do see how viewers could get overloaded on their characters. Some Days characters are on a lot, but they still usually are off one or two days a week. On BB it really is like you go to work with them everyday, and like an unseen fly you get into a lot of offal.

• Members

Their lowest rated episode was in 2004 when they posted a 2.8/10 rating

May 3-7, 2004

Households

1. Y&R 4.2/16 (+.1)

2. DAYS 3.2/11 (+.2)

3. GH 3.1/11 (-.1)

4. B&B 2.8/10 (-.3)

5. AMC 2.7/10 (-.2)

6. OLTL 2.6/10 (-.2)

7. ATWT 2.5/9 (-.1)

8. GL 2.1/7 (-.1)