Passions

• Members

Im just very curious why people want Passions saved?!?! Dont get me wrong I watch Passions here and there. But its always the same thing!!! I dont remember the last time ive seen a happy ending?!?! Except for maybe Gwen leaving Ethan. So I want to know why you want/or dont want to save passions? :D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because it is a show that gives entertainment, and it has characters that we know and love and don't want to see end.

What other reason does there need to be.

Ask youself as a Days fan why do you not want it to end even it is not supposed to end in 2009?

Right now the show is in another boring state, and featuring characters that many don't care about. They could say the same thing about why do you or others want it to be saved.

All shows have their fans, and what might not be someone else's cup of tea is someone elses. None of us need to be quick to write off any soap operas importance or the importance of it's fans right now - because all of our shows may be the next to go. I don't really think any show save Y&R and maybe B&B is safe from the cancellation axe.

• Members

If for no other reason, PASSIONS needs to be saved to keep the entire soap genre strong as a whole. Because once one goes, it's going to be a domino effect in the next couple years. And your soap could be next. Keep that in mind, all of you who are celebrating PASSIONS's cancellation.

• Members

Keep it cool in here, guys.

No bashing or insults please. :)

Those that didn't care for Passions need to understand there are people that did and still do and people that liked Passions and still do need to understand that there are others that didn't care for it. Let's be understanding of both sides and keep things in line. Thanks.

• Members

Normally I would agree with that analogy but in this case cutting off the leg (Passions in this case) is not going to save the genre - it is just going to start it's downfall. And I don't even think NBC will give Days until 2009. I will be very surprised if they do, but I see affiliates starting to drop it not long after Passions is gone. And when they do it is going to be a lot easier for NBC to pull the plug earlier.

And if Days ratings continue to drop over the next 2 years - no network is going to be interested in it at all. And when one more goes it will just get easier and easier.

• Members

The bottom line is PSNS deserved the chance to be written by someone other than JER. And NBC was a bunch of idiots when it was contracting up the show to give that loser this much power. The man is such a power-hungry, egotistical moron he'd rather see his baby die in his hands than thrive in another's. They can't fire him. He'd never leave. It sucks. In the BIG view, NBC is not to blame. It's JER. NBC gave him at least 3 years to fix it.

• Members

I am pretty upset that some of my favorite actors and actresses are going to be out of a job come the summertime. I feel bad for them. That being said, I have made peace that PSNS is going to t.v heaven...PSNS could have been an amazing quirky soap if it had a writer who wrote decent realistic stories and who cared somewhat about what the fans want. Hey if it does get saved and another network picks it up....I would be happy

JMHO

• Members

Passions needs (needed?) a good team of writers who could keep the in-jokes and parodies while also writing credible soap opera. It also needed a nurturing network. It has had neither.

I saw yesterday's episode for the first time in YEARS http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=15696 and yes, there is much to laugh at. But there was also lots I enjoyed. There was something sweet and lighthearted about the whole enterprise. Everybody seemed to be putting their all into it. I love Ben Masters and Juliet Mills and Lindsay Hartley, especially. PLus it had a bit of a cliffhanger.

And, yes, there will be people -- talented people, a few I mentioned above -- without jobs when Passions breathes its last. For those who don't enjoy it, they have a choice of OLTL or ATWT and a billion cable stations to change over to. I personally think with a writer who cares and can write, PASS could still be saved. Mostly because I don't want to think that this particular cancellation sounds the death knell for the remaining 8 soaps on air.

Archived