DAYS: Matt Ashford returns?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL I guess so.

I'll have more of a statement to make on his returning when I know more about it. Though for now, I am happy he appears to returning for however long. As long as he isn't returning just to kill Jack off again. ;)

• Members

I can't help but wonder if this will be to give Abby some kind of parent besides Maggie. I don't know why we haven't seen her with Steve and Kayla, but alas. Given how he and Jennifer were written off, something had to have happened. Unless something happens to Abby that sends him home (but without Jennifer? Hmm...)

• Members

I am waiting to see how this all plays out. I really like Jack and Matt Ashford, but I guess what brings him home is going to be what really gets me.

(I would love a Philip/Abby pairing. He can make her more interesting and she can make him mellow out a bit)

• Members

Please, if there is a God in the skies, please let Jack return alone. I do not want to see Jennifer unless Melissa Reeves is returning, which is not happening. We have already seen proof that Jennifer can go on without Jack, lets see if Jack can go on without Jennifer. I think he can.

I've seen reports saying Ashford's return comes in April.

• Members

My top guess is it's a limited run to provide some angle in the Steve storyline. While he's around I'm sure they'd use him in some scenes with Abby. I also do think that this idea was kinda being passed around and hammered out since last summer when he left.

• Members

Why? Why can't Jack come back alone? I think one of the biggest reason Jack's character never really picked up since Ashford's return in 2001 was because since then, Jack has done nothing without Jennifer. We've seen Jennifer without Jack and we know that she doesn't need him. I'm not convinced that Jack doesn't need Jennifer. I want Hogan to prove me wrong. Restore Jack's character without Jennifer.

Besides, bringing back Ashford is great and all, but with the budget problems already in effect, don't bring back a Jennifer recast. Cady McClain could not be Jennifer. Ew, just the thought.

• Members

If Jack is really returning, I´m sure Ashford agreed to work for the same reduced salary S/K are probably getting. I think Corday is desperate to bring someone from past, he didn´t have money to get Eileen, so he tried Luis Sorel and now remembered Ashford, who really wanted to came back and work under Sheffer.

And I hope Jennifer will be kidnapped offscreen and that will bring Jack back in Salem and put him into S/K/EJ upcoming storyline, plus he will be a parrent to Abby. Hey, he could be a journalist teacher in the Salem University, if they are really want to use that dorm/school set again.

Archived