DAYS: Matt Ashford returns?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw this all over yesterday and couldn't wait to discuss it here.

GREAT NEWS!! Days needed this to balance out the newcomers. I am interesting in seeing how they deal with the Jennifer issue and whether his return is short-term or long. I knew he would be back though. The exit was so open-ended and Hogan was said to love Matt. I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

I would LOVE to see a Jack/Billie pairing. I am doing it in my blog and I have always wanted to see JILLIE. I am ok with him on his own though. He is a great character with so much purpose and story potential. I am so excited.

• Members

Great news! As much as I love MA and the Jack character, though, I'd rather this be a short-term stint. I got a feeling there will be some really unhappy people down the line if there's any hint of trouble with Jennifer (naa, I'm not one of them... although I always have been a J/J fan). :)

• Members

I'll take him with or without Jennifer. I could care less. Yes, I'm a Jack and Jennifer fan, but they seemed to have no problem airing Jennifer for a good part of Matt's last go around without Jack. Jack is a strong enough character with enough ties to stand on his own. Heck, have him and Patch hang out all the time, and I'm good. That would be enough.

• Members

Excellent news, but I always thought Matt would return to DAYS eventually.

Jack can exist in Salem without Jennifer. Even though I loved Matt/Missy Reeves, I can see definite potential for a Jack/Billie pairing(MA and Julie Pinson have got chemistry). A Jennifer recast, if it happened, would have to be a damn good one.

I want to see a Jack/Steve SL, Jack involved with Abby, and if this is to be for the longterm, Jack back in charge of the Spectator newspaper.

It'll be interesting to see what Sheffer does with Jack Devereux: hopefully an improvement on JER's crap.

• Members

I love MA as Jack, but his return has me conflicted. He is a diva and best plays as a free spirit doing his own thing. He doesn't need to be tied to anything at all to be the best Jack he can be IMHO. Jen hampers him and I don't like the caricature Jen who has to play his opposite. It just doesn't work for me. The thing is, how many times can you be wrapped around a character only to have him yanked away again. I don't like being hurt enough to trust being happy over this news.

• Members

This BETTER be a long-term run. But yeah, even though I wasn't surprised at all by this news, I was really excited for the discussion here!

Whatever the case is, I DO NOT want a Jennifer recast, if Melissa's not coming back, and we know she's not. They've tried it before, and they failed miserably.

I don't know how reliable this is, but somewhere on the SC boards, I read that there were supposed to be TWO big returns, and that Jack is only one of them. If it's true, my guess is that Louise Sorel/Vivian is the other one.

• Members

If I remember right there were a lot of rumours at the time Ashford was fired that Sheffer really wanted him to stay and had already a storyline planed for Jack. So I quess he finally convinced Corday to hire him back. I´m almost sure he will return without Jennifer because otherwise he would be immediatelly stuck in the same pattern J/J was last few years. I mean, the last thing this show is another unbreakable supercouple. But as a free man he will have a lot potential. And I´m really looking forwats towards his interaction with Ashley and Stephen. I just hope Sheffer will not turn it into another offscreen separation storyline.

Of course, we still don´t know for sure if he is really returning. That deal can still fall apart at the last moment. And even if I´m Ashford´s fan, I think it was really unprofessional from him to reveal his return without consultation with Corday and Co. But I quess he was really excited, because he really wanted back now, when Sheffer is the HW.

• Members

Unfortunately, that's what I'm thinking right now, too. It wouldn't surprise me, because Hogan did a lot of short-term returns like this while he was at ATWT (i.e. Simon, Damian, Julia, etc.). Hopefully it will turn into something more long-term, though.

Archived