DAYS: Matt Ashford returns?

• Members

I knew he was gonna return. He told a friend of mine when he went to Australia a while ago. I posted about it here but hardly no one belived me. lol

I kind of want Jennifer to come with him. If that means a re-cast, then fien. After everything Jack & Jen went through... I don't want him to return alone.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I beg to differ. Jennifer without Jack has been a disaster in the past. When he was 'killed' in 03, she became practically an extra on the show until he returned. Her record without Jack consists of a succession of unpopular pairings (Peter, Patrick, Frankie) and serving as a prop/tea-maker for Hope. Much as I loved Missy's Jennifer, she needed Jack alot more than Jack needs/needed her. Jack has always been popular as an individual and was a fully fledged character well before J&J.

• Members

Corday tried to get Sorel? I didn't get that memo...

I just remember Sorel saying that anything is possible or something along those lines. Corday never actually asked her to come back. Didn't she leave on bad terms or something? I know that means nothing over time since Missy Reeves returned to the show, but whatever.

You're absolutely right. Without Jack, Jennifer became a boring character, but she was alone. The writers have never given Matt or Jack the chance to shine without Jennifer there. Yes, Jennifer wasn't there when Jack first came on, but Jack was an entirely different character back then. I'm talking about after Jack and Jennifer got together. Jack has always been after Jennifer, while Jennifer tried to move on without him.

I'd rather see Jack alone for a change. I didn't get to see Jack in the late 80s, by himself. I hope Hogan has plans for Matt solo without Missy or any unnecessary Jennifer recast.

• Members

If Jack comes back, it'll be because Jenn "dies" in England. But I'd love it if Melissa Reeves came back for a 2-second cameo so we could see Jennifer being held captive by the DiMeras...I'd love it if EJ introduced Jennifer to her "true love" Peter and the episode ends with Jennifer screaming in terror.....

• Members

Yeah, ITA with this. They don't really need to rush the 'moving on' part, though. I'll be happy if Jack is just involved in the Steve/Kayla/EJ etc. mystery at first. If this turns into a long-term stint, then they can think about using him in a romantic capacity. Matt always has chemistry with his female co-stars so I'm pretty sure he would be a success in a non-J&J pairing.

• Members

I can think of a number of actresses who would do well with Jennifer. I love Missy Reeves as Jennifer but you could tell she was just so damn bored with her "storyline". I'd personally like to see Jack without Jennifer and I'm still dying for a Jack and Billie pairing. Maybe they could work together investigating E.J. ... hmm ... Isn't Billie supposed to be getting "involved" with E.J. soon?

• Members

I would hardly consider Jack someone from the past, he was just on in what August? I love Jack and this is good news but to what extent? Jack was hardly used when he was on, how are they going to write for him. If he is here for Abby, then why?! Abby is only a second fiddle to Nick and Chelsea. (Save me the "She will get a storyline", it's been coming a long with a love interest for years now). I hope they don't bring him back and not write for him because there are a lot on DAYS that are just not being written for now.

Archived