GL: Tammy's Funeral (1-31-07)

• Members

So since I was lacking sleep and was weary on watching, I was really glad that I did. TP's performance was great as always but hats off to Zimmer and Raines. I sort of thought that it was smart to pair two powerhouses together for emotional scenes. The ending though was suspenseful.

I don't think that Jonathan is dead nor is Sarah. I think that he's faked his death so that he can have Sarah all to himself. For some reason, I have a feeling that Tammy's death was an act too but after seeing the wonderful drama unfold, it looks doubtful. This could quite possibly be the Emmy winning episode. Not only did they have heart wrenching drama, great acting, but a cliffhanger ending as well.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That haunting song (which unfortunately is not commercialy available) which plays in the aftermath of Tammy's death (something about "I can't believe this happened...take me far away") is also very, very effective. The writing, the acting, the score - everything has been near perfect in this storyline!

• Members

I had company to show up at 30 minutes into ATWT and stayed until the last 15 mintues of GL. I didn't get to set my tape either. I hate I missed this so much. I did see the last 15 minutes. It was a great show.

does anyone know if that song Take Me Far Away is available anywhere. It is so haunting.

• Members

It was a great show.

Nicole Forrester as Cassie was great again. I was surprised by Cassie's comments to Alan about believing he was actually sorry for what happened, and saying that the church was God's house and everyone was welcomed, followed by Reva saying you're lucky it's not my house...Jonathan's eulogy was amazing and the poem read as the casket was being taken away was very moving.

Jonathan mentioning that Alan didn't throw a flower in Tammy's grave would have been more poignant if we'd actually seen it, but I still think that overall, it was a fantastic episode. Alan saying that Jonathan's grief was just an act and he'd be on to the next girl in tight jeans soon enough was particularly brutal. He makes me so angry. And he will never learn.

Lizzie's little speech at the end had me glad that she wasn't going to be in Sarah's life. It's the first time I really felt she didn't deserve another chance (once she came to her senses) to be a mom to Sarah.

Since we all know that death is never the end on a soap, watching that car go off the cliff didn't really upset me all that much. They're not dead. Plus, of all the crazy things Jonathan has done over the years, and no matter how unpredictable he can be, there's no doubt in my mind that he would NEVER harm his little girl. He wouldn't kill her to keep her from Alan. Even if it's going to look that way until the story ends.

Archived