GL: Tammy's Funeral (1-31-07)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't shed tears but it was still good. Johnathan's rant reminded me of Nancy Grahns' Alexis going off at Kristinas' funeral on GH.

Now an episode like this would make a better emmy submission (drama, writing, directing). Nicely put together, and not over-the-top stuff like last Wednesday.

• Members

Very good! If GL could be this way everyday, OMG it would be amazing!!

The funeral was very good, Cassie's grief really shown through more so than it did last week and Nicole Forester rocked the church scenes. Very glad they used Father Ray and not some random person. Billy should have been a pallbearer over Remy I think, even though he and Tammy were friends, maybe over Frank even. I just like little things like that, Reva was on fire today and half thought she would knock the heck out of Alan in "God's house" as Cassie put it!!!

Lizzie's speech was good and I hope they work to redeem her over the course of along time, she's done some horrible things and now is a good time to break away and perhaps find comfort and redeemption with a story involving Lillian.

Jonathan's eulogy and the "Save a seat for me." I think was just sort of layering and padding to think that they would "die" and I agree it was amazingly written.

Jon and Sarah aren't dead! Just can't be...it is so open ended there...but I have a theory that is what he wanted to do, I think he wanted Alan to think they were dead, obviously and I don't think he had any intentions of killing Alan. I think when they hid, he knew they would and saw the opportunity...He gunned it, but then went it went over the cliff it was slow...I think he got out, got Sarah and made a run for it. You noticed that he left Reva and Sarah in the church alone before Alan arrived. I think they got out and he shoved the car over the cliff, faking your death!!! Jonathan is smart!!!

And I just have to add one last thing, Crystal Chappell is the most beautiful woman in daytime!!!!

• Members

I'll tell you this is going to cause some great drama - esp between Reva and Alan. But GL is not going to be the same for me without Jonathan & Tammy - and I hated them at first as much as the next person. But they were good together.

I know there are a lot of people who say GL will be better off without them esp. Jonathan but I think they are sorely wrong. He has had such a presence on the show and it will be sorely missed. And his performances have been the talk of GL for the last few years.

• Members

This show has been making me cry for a week now.

The writing, acting, direction, music (this song isn't available anywhere??? I hope this song gets GL an Emmy next year because I just start bawling everytime I hear it) have all been phenomenal.

Jonathan asking Tammy if she could hear him...:(

Alan has turned into the most despicable character ever. Lizzie confuses me, though. One minute she sides with Alan and the next, she's screaming at Beth for the dysfunction that is the Spaulding family. It'll take a loong time to redeem Lizzie in my eyes.

Cassie's comment about God's house and Reva's comment about her house cracked me up.

They gave boring Coop & Ava scenes yesterday mourning Tammy but they didn't show up at today's funeral? WTH? I'm willing to let that slide, though.

Jonathan's eulogy was so heartbreaking. I especially loved the way he finished it off.."No goodbyes for us, kid. Wherever you are, you save me a spot. I'll find you." There was something uplifting to him saying that.

Wow...GL did really go all out to do that location shoot/driving off the cliff scene. It looked like Jonathan was going to kill Alan at first. The way the car blew up after it fell off the cliff...:o Mere seconds later, we see Reva pop out of nowhere screaming hysterically. This is GOOD SOAP!

I don't think Jonathan & Sarah are dead..but the way they shot this scene, they very well could be. It would have been a tragic yet somewhat happy ending for Jammy.

I agree with SteveFrame. This show isn't going to be the same without Tammy & Jonathan. I think Jonathan described their relationship perfectly in his eulogy. He had no idea what a soul was, he still doesn't...but he knew the kind of person who forgave him for being the kind of person he was and for loving the kind of person he was like Tammy did must have one. Stephanie Gatschet & Tom Pelphrey are also complete opposites when it comes to acting styles. She's more quiet and subtle, and he's more loud and dramatic yet somehow, they worked and they brought out a different side to each other's acting.

• Members

The past two three weeks on GL have been must-see TV for me. I guess with all the cancellations and fears for daytime's future, GL really "spoke" to me with its top-notch acting for Tammy's death and the fall-out, as well as innovative, back-to-basics production of the 70th anniversary episode. Pure Soap. And I mean that as a compliment. :)

Archived