AMC: Monday

• Members

I tuned back in today to see how they'd handle this and I was just stunned - for all the wrong reasons. Like Dixie or not, she was a crucial tentpole character. As crappy as AMC's been the past two years, things can only get worse now.

Here's hoping Cady goes on another soap and wins another Emmy, like she did on ATWT, but this time rub it in ABC/AMC's face!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL the evil part of me feels the same way, but I truly do feel for the Tad and Dixie fans that got screwed, cause if it can happen to them, it can happy to any fanbase.

There was a time when I wanted Dixie dead, but I really had been starting liking her and Tad together again.

• Members

My thoughts exactly! This is the official end of AMC for me since the show has effectively ripped out its own heart.

This is so similar to Maureen Bauer's death on GL that I'm shocked Carruthers doesn't understand why its a huge mistake! Like Dixie, Maureen was married to a member of the show's main family and was the one character who was a friend to all, including the villainous Roger Thorpe, similar to Dixie's friendship with David (without the sex).

As I said in a different thread, I can't watch again after Dix's funeral until Carruthers, McT, and Frons are all fired and the new regime starts bringing people back. This is no longer the show I've watched for over half my life.

• Members

People there was an AMC before Dixie and there was an AMC after Dixie. She has left twice before and she is not the beloved character that she once was. Her death does not symbolize the death of AMC. The show can surive without her as her return hasnt done much for the show anyway. They ruined her when she came back. Im not upset that they got rid of her. Im upset that they got rid of her mid story. They wasted to much to get her and Tad to where they are and she still hasnt been reunited with Kate. Theres absolutely no payoff to the crappy year we had. I would have been perfectly fine with them killing her off again but only AFTER she got Kate back and was happy with Tad for at least a little while. What they did wasnt exactly the bad thing; it was the timing. I think T/D fans deserved to see this family together if only for a few months bc its been 15+ years in the making.

At least she died happy. What I would fo for a killer stack of peanut butter and banana pancakes. Like Babe, those are my absolute favorite. I slice bananas on top of the pancakes and then melt PB in hte microwave and pour that on top. Yummy! If that had to be my last meal, Id be in heaven...lol. I think Im gonna go make me some tomorrow morning

BTW I cant beleive people are blaming and hating on Babe for Dixie's death. Its not her fault some killer targeted her. If Babe can get hate for Dixie dying in her place, then why isnt Zach getting any blame? ALL of these women are dying bc some sicko from his past is after him. He is the root behind Dixie's death NOT Babe. Babe is a victim to Zach's past and Dixie's death is no more her fault than Winifred for buying the poisoned PB

"I am Emma's father" Thank you Ryan. I hope that will now get a few people off his case for being a hypocrite bc unlike Kendall, he told the truth here

• Members

Fatherhood Ryan

Ahhhh so now Ryan confesses his little secret to Annie that he is indeed a dad again but this time to Emma now if I were Annie and Emma I would be smart and run for the hills before he feeds her bleach when she has a stomach ache or tells her to eat the T-bone steak whole and not to cut it up because this is something that is beyond the scope of Dynamite Kiddo z-ray vision. Perhaps Ryan will come to realize he is the terminator and go off to save the world and let Emma have a real chance at life and not to be at risk for death over Ryan's ways of putting her in dangerous situations. Heck more than likely he will give her Claritin to help calm a headache and then wonder why she starts sounding like a cow being milked upside down. Sheesh well thankfully he has been neutered and cannot inflict anymore harm on anybody else since before you know it the guy will convince Emma to get drunk and start peeing on table tops and stripping down to her dungaroos. Ouch! Fatherhood is not going so swell for Ryan but when has anything in his life been a success? Finally, how about when they watch Debbie Does Dallas together (of course Ryan thinks it has to do with painting the town red) and Emma finds her way to Dallas with a boob job and out on the prowl to get some cash over performing a Clinton-Lewinsky debacle...talk about painting something red but only this time it comes with flavor and leftovers and looks like milk-dang that does a body good!

• Members

That's what stings the most Steve. A 3 year universally hated character who can't even be classified as a heroine is considered more valuable than a heroine who is one half of one of daytime's finest super couples.

Dixie.... you will be missed :(

• Members

ITA - I can't blame Babe for Dixie's death - it's not like Babe knew they were poisoned...even though it might be easy to place the blame on her since she's been annoying lately and lots of people hate the character. But yeah, under that rationale, then Zach should place higher blame for all the deaths, right? haha

Well he still hasn't told Emma yet - which is worse IMO. How can he be mad at Kendall when he's not even telling his own daughter that he is her father. It's pretty much the same thing...

• Members
Exactly!

I dont read spoilers so I can only go on what the has aired on the show but Ryan only found out the news less than a day ago, AMC time and JUST told Annie. When was he supposed to spring the news on Emma? She is 4 years old. Dont you think it was the best thing to inform Annie first before saying anything to Emma? He cant just go up to her and say hey Im your daddy. Thats almost as bad as Dixie almost doing the same thing to her last year. Annie is that child's mother and the only constant parent in her life. Ryan's main responsibility here is to tell her and then its up to Annie to decide what she wants to do with the news. People have been screaming that Ryan as a sperm donor has no rights to that child and legally he doesnt. If Annie wants to tell Emma than it is her choice, not Ryan's. He did the right thing by informing her but this is delicate news and not something that he should take upon himself to tell that child

• Members

Ryan has been and is a pompous hypocrite for many, many reasons. Like telling Kendall she can't see her baby until she's safe or dead unless she moves in with him and then using the baby to drug her husband - if Kendall did that she'd be being called a soulless cancer who ONLY uses her children for a year by a self-righteous Ryan. So case remained on. It also doesn't help they won't let Cameron carry his own story for some reason, and thus Kendall (who unlike JR with Babe, actually gets to move on into diff. story on some levels) typically has to pay for it - uhm everything 2004 on.

DTAMC, my buddy, chill with the odes to Ryan (as much as I may enjoy some of them). There's a Love/Hate forum and I think you're ripe and ready to do a thread there ;)

Okay so there were other things on today's show. I actually really liked the Z/K stuff today. So far in the SK story he's been off doing his stuff with the guys, and she's been off doing her stuff with the girls (Fusion) and propping Ryan story - and today was one of those days where they were actually in this story together on all cylinders. It was really, really nice - it'd be nice if the show kept it up because actually those are the kind of thing that make the show - the love, the character development, the relationship development rather than the plot, the plot and the plot.

Didn't watch the R/A stuff because I don't like Ryan and Annie is coming off like mini-pod-Greenlee - so I just don't really care....at all.

The Julia/Bianca stuff...I couldn't get past the fact that Bianca/Ryan had Miranda/Spike out in public like that - particuarly Spike. Nice scenes, but I couldn't get past that.

For some reason I particuarly liked Adam's reaction to Dixie, it probably is more for Junior but I've always thought he had a begrudging respect for Dixie. So despite the fact that there was no great bonding between the two in the past year, I particuarly enjoyed and felt his reaction. I love Adam, and if this show ever loses David Canary - grrrrrr.

Opal. It's been so long. I'm guessing Opal and Livia are in a recurring status exchange program - I believe she'll be on most of this week (and also later in February) not just one episode.

It's not Babe's fault Dixie is dead (it's some executives, hah) but she sure did force those pancakes on Dixie, I'm just saying, lol... That's actually, I think, a lot of our Babe hate or/and dislike talking stemming from the way the show spins her (and as potrayed, Babe buys into) as some superior force (of the greatest love mankind has ever known) no matter what selfish, self-indulgant acts she does, while others actually are just selfish bitches and bastards for some reason for their selfish self-indulgant acts.

• Members

Jill Larson looks great!

That's all I really have to say. I'm going to be very un-me and not rant and rave because it's all been said.

I just wish they'd left it at Richard Culliton's respectful ending for Dixie and Cady had never come back. Now her death is entirely a plot device for the Careys.

• Members

Her whole 2002 exit was you know - more character-driven, not merely a plot device as you mentioned. Even the near-death thing they did 5 years to today's date was a prelude to her exit, that's what you call character-driven drama. That's what makes soaps so good, milking the human emotions (the love story, the mother-child relationship, the relationships that have driven the character and the show) out of the plot not milking the plots and plot points at the expense of the characters. I know it's too soon to speak on some levels, but we're talking about even the past few weeks - more could have been done and said on-screen. I'd like to think there's still a chance it'll be revealed that Dixie's just in a coma somewhere (in a few weeks - you know just show body parts) and they've done the dead thing to throw the killer off by his/her mistake - because this was not the way to end it...for-possibly-ever.

It's time to bring Julia Barr back to the show on contract. You have Tad, you have Adam. And Brooke is the only woman good enough for either now that Dixie is dead. I would have puked at the idea of T/B for years, but I've grown past that. I doubt Julia wanted anything much more than respect and with a nice apology would probably come back. In my dream though, right? heh...

Archived