OLTL Discussion: Week of January 29th

• Members
0052_sign_welcome_gold_clipart.jpg

to our first One Life to Live Weekly Discussion Thread.

First off, when this proposal was suggested by Chris B. last week, I thought it sounded like a good idea; and the feedback from everyone in that thread seemed to be positive; so, starting this week, we will have one large OLTL discussion thread each week, in place of five small ones. If you have anything to discuss pertaining to any of the OLTL episodes for the week, post them in this thread. Anyone who starts other threads on any of this week's OLTL episodes, will have their threads merged into this one. Since the weekly discussion thread idea seems to be working rather well for Y&R, we're going to give it a trial run for OLTL.

So, let's begin our discussion of the good, bad, and ugly that is Llanview, Pennsylvania & One Life to Live...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a really good idea, for every soap.

I don't watch OLTL very much usually (I used to) but my aunt is a big fan and I moved in with her recently. Like I said, I don't watch much now but she does and she tells me last week is the best it has been in a very long time. I am looking forward to see what people say this week (yes I know WHAT happened :)

Thanks

• Members

I like this idea for soaps that don't have a lot of discussion like OLTL and GL. But for the shows that get a lot of discussion it's a pain. I hate having to scroll through a ton of posts to get to the day I want to read about.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this week. I have a feeling it's going to be really good.

• Members

The most fun so far is all the Viki and Clint stuff. At least they are finally moving forward, it is about time they actually have a conversation about them and not their idiot kids. Has Clint always wanted Viki then? And Viki still has wanted Clint but they are denying each other. The comment that Clint made that this was the first time she invited him over to her house, well he has been over with some other woman, so why would Viki? I liked that Clint noticed Viki's wedding ring is off, and he really seems to want Viki and Viki does want Clint but is slightly scared of either getting hurt or unsure how to proceed. Whatever it is I absolutely enjoyed Viki and Clint today, the actors have really nice chemistry and it was good to offset that from the dark murder.

I still hope Paige is the killer, she is useless on this show. I like Nash/Jess but Nash/Layla is fun too.

ETA:

I forgot to add: They better be showing this date with Viki and Clint! I want to see it all, from Viki figuring out what to wear, to them being nervous and figuring out how to act, I want to see the whole date, and a kiss too ;)

• Members

I thought the entire show was awesome today, okay, maybe not the Vincent/Vangie/Cris stuff, I just don't care about this storyline, never have.

On to my favorite parts - Viki and Clint. Oh. My. God. I love these two, and I loved the conversation they had. They were finally talking about themselves instead of worrying about their kids. I loved how Clint turned the conversation onto Viki and her ignoring her feelings, then it proceeded to go into him getting frustrated and him yelling at her "A DATE. I want at DATE!" that was great. And Viki being shocked that he'd want to go out on a date with her. And then the end was even more priceles with Viki not knowing what she was going to wear on said date.

Loved the scenes surrounding the Spencer murder. I hate to see PS go, because I really began to enjoy Spencer. So, they have made it look like Rex, John or Michael could be the killer, the set up was great.

Its a shame because I really used to root for Nash and Jess, but I don't like Nash anymore, and I can see that Jess is going to cause major problems for her mom and dad over these feelings she has for Nash. And I actually feel bad for Antonio.

Great show today, I thought.

• Members

I thought today's show was pretty good. I am enjoying the Spencer murder mystery stuff so far. Today's setup was pretty good. The way they made Rex, Michael and John all look like the murderer. And wonder who sent Rex that text message? It wasn't Adriana, because she was talking to Layla at the time he received the message.

I loved the Viki and Clint stuf too. It was great to see those two together again and talking about something beside their kids.

The rest of the show wasn't bad either.

Overall, I thought it was a good show.

• Members

Glad we had OLTL for idiots today, cause I really needed for Paige to announce to Bo her motive for killing spencer! LOL.

"I gave up my son in order to protect him from Spencer, and then I lost him. I -- I don't feel anything now but relief." Alrighty then....next John "I had to take care of Truman"

How many more of these brilliant pronouncements will we hear this week...shall we take bets?

• Members

First I absolutely love Jessica and Nash. They have more chemistry than Jessica and Antonio ever had. They are absolutely hot. I thought Viki and Clint were enjoyable. It really is high time, however, that they butted out of their children's lives. The time they should have talked to Jessica about her feelings was before she married Antonio. There is no way in hell I feel bad for Antonio. Viki and Clint all but pushed her into that marriage as did Antonio. Bottom line is Jess is an adult and maybe she should start being one. A 25-year-old woman doesn't cause problems for her parents because she wants a divorce. It's not their place to force her into a marriage or require her to stay in one particularly considering how many times each of them has been married and divorced.

I hope Viki and Clint do go on a date. They make much more sense really than Clint and Dorian. However, if Clint and Dorian allow me to see more Dorian and Viki then it's a good thing.

I think Paige did kill Spencer. I'm ready for her to leave the show too.

OLTL is getting much much better.

• Members

Okay, my fellow OLTL fans...I just received my previews for next week. And while I can't reveal too much to you until Wendesday evening, I will give you a couple small little previews.

Look for A LOT of good stuff next week....

including, but not limited to: Viki/Dorian/Clint, Lindsay, Nora, Michael/Marcie, Blair/Marty, and the reading of Spencer's will.

And for those of you wanting to see Clint and Viki's date on screen...you just may get your wish! All I'm saying is think "neigh, neigh"....that's all I'm sayin'! LOL

You'll have to wait until Wednesday evening for the rest. ;)

I'm such a tease, aren't I? :lol:

• Members

Jess and Nash are the highlight of the show for me right now. They were great yesterday. I only wish that little fantasy had been real. I am hoping it takes them longer to hook up though. I'd love to see Nash and Layla start something just when Jess is starting to want Nash and Nash not running to Jess when she decides she's ready.

Vikki and Clint were great too. I thought it was so funny when Vikki said 'yeah, I'm a WASP we get through things, that's what we do'.

I'm so optimistic for this week. The show has been getting so good lately.

• Members

I wasn't a Nash fan for a long time, but I'm enjoying him with Jessica now. HATE HATE HATE Vincent and I hope this story is his exit, there really are no other options. He sucks, nobody likes him and he has no purpose in Llanview.

I'm also calling Paige for Spencer's killer. Notice she's been featured less with Hugh's story over and all of Higley's newbies are being written off. I can only hope Pod!Marty and Cole are next!

Archived