All: No More Mimi Torchin

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't buy Soapnet having budget issues. The only new content they produce currently is their own promos for the soaps they air. Soapography, IWBASS could be ended already, and nobody would notice.

If I read the quote correctly, she not only implies that she is no longer writing on the message boards....she implies that the Soapnet Message Boards are going away. I begin to wonder if the whole Soapnet website is being rethought. Since the channel is not really producing much new content, they don't need the elaborate site that they have. The message boards there are boatloads of contentious bashing of ABC/Frons when not fighting themselves.

IF this is the case, I'd suspect Frons' videos from the Fall have as much to do it with it. Certain quotes from Frons' ABC Fall previews were yanked quickly but still echo around the net ('No one wants to see a middle aged woman in a love story' re Genie Francis return, and that the audience must be ' trained.' I certainly hope they've caused him some pain.

• Members

Has that middle-aged woman in a love story comment ever been verified? I know the training comment was true, and I don't think it was ever removed, but I find it hard to believe even Frons would make that comment about Genie/Laura, even if he really did feel that way.

• Members

Soapnet is just fine as long as it can harvest ABCD and the others. Not profitable enough to support even ONE of its own original soaps though. My namesake aunt from England used to work as a set designer for ABCD (she lives in Canada now) and when she told me the budget for sets back in the 80's and 90's I couldn't believe it. Now with HDTV coming in it can only get worse.

I like Mimi. At least she's not a Brian Frons A*S Kisser like Carolyn FATSY

Archived