DAYS: Friday

• Members

This is Bettina Bradbury's second show this week as SW and I really have enjoyed both of her scripted shows. Its nice to watch an episode that has great acting all around, from Stephen Nichols, Scott Wells, KA, Peter Reckell, Deidre Hall, Martha Madison, Brandon Beemer, Darrin Brooks, Ali Sweeney, Bryan Datillo, MBE, Rachel Melvin, Lauren Koslow, JKJ, and even Josh Taylor. There wasn't one weak actor or weak scene today, except for Christopher Gerse who had a minimal role. Farah Fath was just kinda in the episode so I don't count her.

My favorite scenes were EJ/Steve scenes, both top notch actors. Wells plays the cold calculating bastard to a "t." I am intrigued on how Steve will think about EJ now, knowing he knows something about what happened in his past and why he is having these horrible noises in his head right now.

About damn time someone told Chelsea to grow the hell up, I don't think Kate was out of line in the least. Sometimes the best love is tough love. I do wish Billie was around more though.

I was impressed with Shawn beating down Phillip, it actually looked realistic this time around. The last few years fight scenes have looked atrocious, luckily today they were done much better than usual.

My only big complaint is that Lucas and Sami are too sugary sweet as Lucas is back to saying NOTHING can ruin what they have right now as they trust each other fully. Lucas obviously hasnt learned from the past. I just don't find it very realistic to think otherwise at least from his point of view. I just think Lucas went from hating Sami to trusting her in no time flat.

Phillip busting in on the pub was a great way to end the week, Marlena's look was priceless.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What an outstanding show!! This was honestly one of my favorite shows since Hogan started writing. There was not a SINGLE thing I disliked or needed to FF through. Hogan and his team really know how to write these characters. It was definitely noticeable with Marlena today, I loved her. And I'm so glad Hope said that Shawn is doing exactly what Bo would've done...completely true. I dont buy Kate forgiving Sami for one second...even the look Kate gave when she shook Sami's hand said "I know something's not in the open." Steve/EJ were brilliant, and I agree w/ Phoenix, the camera shots and directing during the different fight scenes today were great additions to the show. Didn't feel like a soap opera.

The last scene from when Sami and Kate shook hands to Phillip bursting in and everyone reacting....one of my favorite ending scenes on DAYS in MONTHS!! JKJ really is Phillip, no question about it...and I loved Kayla's somewhat guilty look and Marlen'a look of "I could b!tch slap you around for days young man." Great, great show.

• Members

I so did NOT expect Philip to come in the Brady pub screaming like that.

Absolutely phenomenal!

And how about Sami, eh? I feel SO bad for her because Hogan is laying it on THICK with this "hero" stuff. And Will's shirt -- my GOD, that girl is going to fall and be knocked back down to the social outcast she always was. Poor thing! Everybody in town is going to HATE her for milking this hero thing -- AND for helping EJ get away. :(

• Members

Sigh, I miss our Pervy writer, Bettina. She's actually been gone from AMC for a year now I believe, she was at ATWT's for a while.

For you DAYS fans who have no idea what we're talking about...Bettina got that name in 2003/2004 officially - there were two close sisters on AMC and she made sure their dialouge had strong couple undertones most of the time (she actually did this for a lot of "ambiguous" relationships). She writes very smart-ass dialouge, in a good way (well some would disagree).

• Members

Yep, Bettina was just emphasizing what the show was doing which was a family-oriented love story. She was a believer in the IncesyYay and HoYay, it's not such a bad thing, it made the show funnier in an awww, that's pretty damn sweet way. She did HoYay/IncestYay (taking advantage of same-sex, same-family chemistry) with many pairing - Kendall/Binks, Babe/Binks, Kendall/Greenlee, David/Tad, Jamie/JR, Di/JR (IncestYay), etc... I sort of miss it on AMC, lol.

Archived