Nip/Tuck: Season Finale

R!ck

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First let me say that if Roma Maffia (Liz) and Sanaa Lathan (Michelle) doesn't get Golden Globe and Emmy nods it will be a travesty.

Both women were magnificant tonight!

The Christian and Michelle confrontation was amazing. (Lanthan is awesome)

Liz pulling the gun on Escobar and giving him a piece of her mind was the best performance of the season.

It was nice to see Matt and Kimber and their troubles. After a month of me thinking she was using Matt, I now think Kimber is trying to be a better person, and actually trying to make it work with him.

The lip singing at the end was a little cheesy but it worked.

I'm a little mixed on Christian and Shawn moving to Hollywood. :mellow:

Overall I give the season 4 finale an A-

Oh yeah

Did anyone notice that one of Escobar's hitmen plays Joe's boyfriend on Greys Anatomy? lol

• Members

I thought last week was the Nip/Tuck I know and love after a few average at best weeks. The seaon finale was great with the acting top notch. I do like the idea of Christian and Sean moving to LA, but Kimber, Matt, and Liz are back in Miami and Julia and the kids are in New York so I am not sure how a season, assuming there is one next season, would be with everyone spread out over the country.

Tonight's show:

Like Rick said Roma and Sanaa were just terrific in their scenes.

Christian/Michelle confrontation scenes were intense and it makes sense Christian wouldn't trust Michelle anymore and go and join his one true friend Sean in LA.

The scenes where Liz took the gun had me on the edge of my seat and was glad Liz didn't end up killing Escobar as it showed her soft side of not being able to kill someone even though that person tortured her over the last year. Roma Maffia blew me away and I hope we will see her again if N/T has another season. The woman who played Escobar's wife impressed throughout the entire episode as well. This show is just filled with great actors and actresses, one thing I never have to worry about with N/T is the acting part. I am glad Escobar is DEAD!

I was glad Sean and Matt had a heart to heart. Matt usually holds in his feelings, so confessing to Sean that Kimber probably doesn't love him and only married him to get back at Christian was a nice tough. I don't know the actors name who plays Matt, but damn is he a good actor. I could feel his pain in what few and little scenes he had.

I don't know how Kelly Carlson could get any sexier, she is one of the most gorgeous people I have ever seen. I was very disappointed that Kimber wasn't used more this season, but at least the last few shows they have showed her trying to become a better person.

Besides the lame song with everyone lip synching to it towards the end I thought it was a great season finale.

• Members

*sigh*

Well I thought the acting was great.

I think if this was the SERIES finale - it would all work and things were wrapped up nicely. It went back full circle to season 1 with Escobar being alligator food. It all comes together nicely.

BUT - I was not excited really - and the "shocking twist" with the wife shooting Escobar and killing him was so predictable. I was still waiting for another 'huge twist' that was promised...but got nothing.

Then I just thought the lip synching at the end was CHEESY. Sure, I get that no one is really happy even though they are all doing what they thought they had to do to be happy. But just playing the song while showing the characters not happy makes more sense. The lip synching was just straight up cheesy.

So what now...Nip/Tuck: Hollywood? Is this season 1 or season 5? Or will there even be anything else?

• Members

Dru,

Last week it had a lot to do with Gina trying to come back for her son after finding out the father was killed in a car accident and gave Christian full rights in his will. Somehow she learned of this and tried everything to convince Christian to sign for joint custody. After Christian told her no she kidnapped him from the playground and brought him back to Christian because the kid was too noisy. She decided it was best if Christian raised him instead after she realized she didnt want to have to deal with a little one.

James turned a gun on herself and committed suicide.

It ended with Michelle going to her car after work only to be taken aback by Escobar demanding her to drive as he demanded.

This is all from memory so I know I left a lot out. I will bump up the thread from 2 weeks ago, so I hope this helped a little bit.

• Members

I don't know I have a feeling that this is the last season as well. They just wrapped up everything pretty nice and neat. It is just a feeling of an end and a new beginning.

Also someone correct me but I seem to remember at each season finale (and my daughter does too) that they have always given some previews of the next season. I can't remember if they did last year or not, but I know Season 1 and Season 2 they did.

Plus with the wrap party tonight, and Sean and Christian talking to the cameras. Not once did they ever mention a next season. They just said they would see the fans back on FX sometime or something like that.

I thought the finale was okay, but was more predictable than usual for Nip/Tuck. But overall a very good finale.

• Members

Kirk's right, there wasn't any previews given out during the season 3 finale. I also remember there being a wrap party as well last season. and Dylan and Julian also spoke. I need to look for my season 3 tapes to see what was said. lol

Someone asked about the song at the end?

It's called 'Brighter Discontent' by The Submarines

Got a brand new roof above my head

All the empty boxes thrown away

I rearranged the place

A hundred times today

But the ordering of objects

Couldn't hide what's missing

All these things should make me happy

Make me happy to be home again

Make me happy to be alone again

Got myself a bottle of red wine

Got a night of nothing else to do

I think I might know

What I really want

But is a brighter discontent

The best that I could hope to find?

Got a big black television set

Now I can watch just what I want

But I'm here staring up

At pictures on the wall

And where are you,

You're still stuck inside them all

But love is not these belongings

That surround me

Though there's meaning

In the memories they hold

A breaking heart in an empty apartment

Was the loudest sound I never heard

Got a desk I'll write myself a note

Pretending that it came from you

On hotel stationary

From the time we first met

Whatever I can do cause

I won't throw my hands up yet

Well I'll be fine if

I dont look around me now

Too much for what's gone

If only I can wait here just a little while

And let time pass in my room

• Members

I think it reairs on Friday night at 11pm.

I enjoyed the finale and it did feel like it was the series finale, but it was announced they will return of a fifth season. I hope it's the last one. I love the show, but I feel like they are running out of ideas.

There was an article in the LA Times that gives a tidbit about next season. Is it ok to post spoilers here?

Does anyone know if Sanaa signed on for more episodes? I've been hearing conflicting reports.

Archived