November 27 - December 1, 2006

R!ck

• Members

I'm not surprised at all about AMC. I could barely get through last Friday's show with all the Babe propping by Adam & Dixie to JR. That, combined with this stupid serial killer storyline, Ryan/Blandie, David Bowie wannabe Zarf hitting on Bianca, and the mystery of Zach's past were the reasons I didn't bother to tape it this week.

I think AMC is going to keep dropping in the next few weeks unless they start airing some better storylines soon.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's how I feel, holding at 2.5 isn't that bad considering. And was Steve getting his memory back really advertised alot on NBC? I watched NBC shows I think 3 nights last week, and I dont remember seeing one single promo for last Friday's show. Could be wrong there, but I think NBC needed to promote that more. I think ratings for this week for DAYS will be 2.7. This week's been phenomenal.

ETA: I also think that with many colleges letting out of finals this week and such, and students goig home, we could see some increases. I hope so anyway.

• Members

I think a lot of it has to do with us ladies taking advantage of the nice weather/getting our Christmas shopping done while the kids are still in school! I know with both Y/R and DOOR being on SOAPNET I'm taking every opportunity right now with the kids in school to complete it and catching my Soaps in the evening on SOAPNET.

I guess it's a feather in ABC hat and not where it should belong w/these individual networks!

• Members

DAYS had a nice number monday but I think people (and I was one of them) were wondering were Steve and Kayla were they weren't on unti Friday (and that was a great episode). They previewed Steve and Kayla like they were going to be on it a lot. Y&R dips again this shows that they can eventually be taken over especially if other shows go up (i.e. DAYS, hopefull!)

• Members

Daytime Insights week of December 4th, 2006

ABC and NBC tied for 1st among women 18-49 rating (1.6 each), though ABC edged out NBC in

impressions (1,046,000 w18-49 for ABC vs. 1,032,000 for NBC). CBS ranked #3 (1.3 w18-49). NBC won

the week in women 18-34 (1.7), followed by ABC (1.1) and CBS (0.9). ABC was 1st in women 25-54

(1.9), while CBS and NBC tied for 2nd (1.6 each). CBS was ahead of NBC in women 25-54 impressions

(998,000 w25-54 for CBS vs. 988,000 for NBC).

Compared to the prior eleven weeks of the season, NBC was up +0.1 of a ratings point in women 18-49

(1.6) and women 18-34 (1.7), while women 25-54 (1.6) was flat. CBS was flat in women 18-34, but

dropped -0.1 in women 18-49 and -0.2 in women 25-54 vs. the season-to-date averages. CBS' 1.6 in

women 25-54 was the network's lowest delivery in the demo since the week of 10/2/06. ABC was down

-0.1 in all three key women demos vs. the prior eleven weeks.

CBS's BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL drew all time-lows in all key women demos (18-34: 0.6; 18-49: 1.2; 25-54:

1.5). Y&R posted a series-low in women 18-49 (1.7) and matched an all-time low in women 25-54 (2.2,

delivered previously for the week of 9/26/05). ABC's GENERAL HOSPITAL drew a 1.3 women 18-34

rating, its lowest rating in the demo since 8/7/06 (also a 1.3).

In women 18-49, DAYS OF OUR LIVES (1.8) ranked #1 this week (tied with GENERAL HOSPITAL). PASSIONS

(1.3) ranked #7 in women 18-49. Among women 18-34, DAYS (1.8) was #1, ranking first in the demo for

the 583rd week out of 591 weeks that it aired. PASSIONS (1.5) ranked 2nd in women 18-34 rating.

For women 25-54, DAYS (1.9) ranked #3 (tied with OLTL and THE VIEW). PASSIONS (1.3) ranked #12.

For the season to date, Most Current time-shifted data, DAYS and PASSIONS are the #1 and #2 ranked

Daytime programs in women 18-34 (GENERAL HOSPITAL is tied with PASSIONS for #2).

The most time-shifted Daytime programs of the week were DAYS and GENERAL HOSPITAL, which both

received a 0.09 lift from Live to Live + Same Day in women 18-49 rating. Y&R (+0.08) and AMC

(+0.08) also received significant time-shifting. The remaining Daytime serials received a Live to

Live + Same Day lift of between +0.03 to +0.04. THE VIEW was up +0.06 from Live to Live + Same Day

in women 18-49, while both editions of PRICE IS RIGHT were not time-shifted.

For the season to date, Most Current data, in women 18-49, NBC (1.6), CBS (1.4), and ABC (1.7) were

all flat versus the comparable period last year. In women 18-34, NBC (1.7) was down -0.1, CBS (0.9)

is down -0.3, and ABC (1.2) is flat. For women 25-54, NBC (1.7) was up +0.2, while ABC (2.0) and

CBS (1.8) were flat. Among the NBC programs, DAYS OF OUR LIVES was flat in women 18-49 rating while

PASSIONS was down -0.1.

DVR sample as of 12/10/06: 904 homes (11.3% of sample)

• Members

Well the numbers for Days is quite disappointing. When last week's numbers came out, I said that I hoped that Days would go back to 2.6 or even 2.7. It's a shame that it didn't go up at least .1. The thing is that the Thursday and Friday of the prior week had a 2.6, then Monday of the current week had 2.7. I wish that Days had been able to maintain those numbers. But then there was a precipitious decline starting Tuesday. I wonder what happened (or maybe didn't happen) on that Monday to cause people to stop watching the show towards the latter end of the week?

Each week I go back and forth b/w being completely dejected over Days' numbers vs remaining optimistic that after a couple of weeks these numbers will get better.This week I'm a little more optimistic. I've noticed that fanbases are mollified and a little bit happier over what has occurred this week or what is about to occur if they're spoiled. Days has been incredible this past week and I hope that the ratings next week reflects how good it has been. It will be really unfortunate if the show's ratings don't improve over the next several weeks. Long-time viewers stayed around for so long watching the junk. They'll be missing out on some good stuff, if they don't check back into the show.

How ironic it would be if HS were able to turn Days completely around and the ratings continued to stagnate? Maybe ironic isn't the appropriate word, just pathetically sad maybe?

I just hope/pray that Corday/NBC gives HS the time to get the ratings up if a ratings miracle doesn't occur in the next several weeks or so....

• Members

DAYS tying for #1(GH) in the 18-49 demo is great, it has been awhile since DAYS has claimed that the #1 spot. Y&R tanking to a 1.7 is weird to see. B&B dropping to all time lows is surprising to me just because I thought Betty White would be a hit with viewers. I honestly feel DAYS is in great shape to start becoming a solid #1 in the 18-49 demos again in the near future.

• Members

I am with you ademption, I am disappointed in DAYS numbers and just hope Corday/NBC give the ratings a chance to go up again. If DAYS stays this solid I just can't see the ratings saying at around the current 2.5-2.6 level.

Archived