November 27 - December 1, 2006

R!ck

• Members

All I can say is thank God for Days getting those 2.6's to finish the week. That gives me hope for this week with everything that has happened. I am very happy with the 2.5 as last week was kind of dull and for me to say that says alot. At least the show held on to half of it's gain from the weeks before. The show never got good until Friday and it seems like we are in a sweeps-like mode now. I think the show is in good shape for the next month or so with everything going on and the holidays.

These numbers do stink though-badly. Sweeps really did nothing for anyone. Even GH lost everything it gained even if it probably won sweeps.

Hopefully the holidays are better for everyone.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What is all the talk about GH's drop. I mean they didn't drop any from last week, and they placed 3rd everyday in the ratings except for Thursday. And Friday they got all the way back up to a 2.8 - the closest that anyone got to B&B all week long. I know they are not great ratings, but I think any soap on right now would like to have them.

These numbers aren't great, and I sure thought that B&B & Y&R would be higher, but overall I am more pleased with these than last weeks. At least this week the majority of soaps rebounded and went up.

• Members

I'm curious as to what was on GH/OLTL on Friday that DID bring the .2 ratings.

I don't think OLTL FEELS it needs to do anything. With all the new characters added and coming, I think they still feel something will stick. I'm suspecting that the ratings are not low enough -- it is still only .2 away from 3rd place, and that AMC warrants attention first: any action there will depend upon how the Zarf story performs.

I begin to think that by the time ABC takes action, it WILL be too late.

• Members

Here's the Sweeps for Households

November Sweeps HH Averages

Y&R 4.28 (-.02)

B&B 3.17 (-.08)

GH 2.67 (+1.1)

ATWT 2.52 (-.04)

DAYS 2.49 (+.02)

OLTL 2.43 (+.05)

AMC 2.41 (+.08)

GL 2.31 (+.05)

PSNS 1.52 (+.08)

October HH Averages

Y&R 4.3

B&B 3.25

ATWT 2.56

GH 2.56

DOOL 2.47

OLTL 2.38

AMC 2.33

GL 2.28

PSNS 1.44

• Members

Speaking as one of the kind of dissapointed DAYS fans, LOL, :) , I will say that I didn't place any expectations on Hogan other than him writing good soap and turning the show around. I never saw his work on ATWT and just heard about it, hearing about something and seeing it is different because people have different tastes. All I expected were that things were going to turn around and some life would be infused to the show. It hasn't happened, well he has done a lot of good things... but then we've been down that road LOL.

DAYS deserves the ratings it has gotten. Some episodes are just wow, while others are just OK.

WOW I didn't even read that. A lot of the problem is still Corday, who is allowing Wyman to ruin the show with his dumb-ass special effects. But Hogan did take time to find his rythym and I'm glad he is not trying to act like Hogan struck gold right away. Ratings sucked so there is no reason for Corday to like them...

• Members

ABCd has a severe problem in thinking certain actors are the stars that will save the show. Quite frankly, McBain could have stayed off, and if the show was interesting and had balanced cast use... and worked some of their other treasures into storylines.. it would have done fine. But nope... they will break the bank to keep a person they THINK is their 'star' and the ratings of course, do NOT go up. Same mistakes on all three ABCd soaps over and over. They don't see which characters/actors benefit the show as a whole, which ones work best with which others, and think a sacred ONE will save everything. And it never does.

• Members

I have been disappointed overall with the lackluster Days ratings. I think we have been treated to some great stories, some wonderful dialogue and things are shaping up for storylines that are coming. But, the problem is pacing. I have to wonder if the umbrella story that was to take center stage during sweeps got held up due to actor negotiations and thus we have been treated to the "dead zones" instead of all the stories coallescing into the great dramatic ending.

Hopefully, whatever has caused the lag and drag of the overall feel will be corrected very soon and the pace will match the hopes of many Days fans.

• Members

All the ratings are bad. ATWT ratings barely went up. Looks like no one turned in to see Rambo Dusty shoot Craig. I am tired of Jean P. and Chris G. trying to make ATWT like GH. Hopefully these ratings will wake up someone at CBS.

• Members

I baesed them on October :)

November Sweeps HH Averages

Y&R 4.28 (-.02)

B&B 3.17 (-.08)

GH 2.67 (+.11)

ATWT 2.52 (-.04)

DAYS 2.49 (+.02)

OLTL 2.43 (+.05)

AMC 2.41 (+.08)

GL 2.31 (+.05)

PSNS 1.52 (+.08)

VS

October HH Averages

Y&R 4.3

B&B 3.25

ATWT 2.56

GH 2.56

DOOL 2.47

OLTL 2.38

AMC 2.33

GL 2.28

PSNS 1.44

• Members

Thanks Rick

According to that GH, AMC, and Passions are the big winners for sweeps followed by OLTL, GL, and then Days.

The biggest loser was B&B, followed by ATWT and then Y&R.

B&B had a really good month last month, but didn't really kicked it up until the last week.

I don't see that OLTL did anything special, but I have to give AMC credit. Even though there are still lots of problems with the show, they have been much better. I can actually tolerate sitting through an episode while I cannot do that with OLTL.

And AMC and GH have both been halfway watchable even since the big sweeps stories were over. AMC has been really good the last 2 days with Simone's death. Can't wait to see today's program which I will watch later tonight.

• Members

November Sweeps 2006 HH Averages

Y&R 4.28 (-0.03)

B&B 3.17 (-.11)

GH 2.67 (-.26)

ATWT 2.52 (+.01)

DAYS 2.49 (+.04)

OLTL 2.43 (-.21)

AMC 2.41 (-.31)

GL 2.31 (+.10)

PSNS 1.52 (+.11)

VS

May Sweeps 2006 HH Averages

Y&R 4.31

B&B 3.28

GH 2.93

AMC 2.72

OLTL 2.65

ATWT 2.51

DAYS 2.45

GL 2.21

PSNS 1.41

* Averages based on the daily ratings for the 22 days of sweeps

• Members

When I was talking about high expectations, Ridge, I had in mind those posters who continuously bring up the fact that Hogie is a 4 time Emmy winner and expect more from him in terms of continuity, character integrity and fill in the blank. Some people projected all of their hopes onto him, including the items from Days that they missed which were written by well-loved headwriters of the past including Sheri Anderson and when they saw that he had a completely different style, the biting criticism began to surface and it hasn't stopped yet. The common refrain from these posters is "and a 4-time Emmy winner came up with this idea?" or "I thought that a 4 time Emmy winner would write something a little more sophisticated and intelligent than this Nick/Chelsea internet story?" On and on and on it goes.

Under these circumstances, I don't think that Hogie will win those people over. They aren't willing to give him a chance. They really weren't willing to give him a chance 2 weeks into his writing for the show to tell you the truth. But if he can meet half of these people's lofty expectations, the show should be satisfied IMHO.

Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about anyone here at SON, when I mentioned embittered posters with high expectations at the beginning of Hogie's tenure . Even people who haven't taken to Hogie's style here at SON are pretty tame in their criticisms compared to some of the disenchanted posters I've seen online. Some of Hogan's sharpest critics are J&M fans so again, I don't know what HS could do to please them.....

Archived