ATWT: Maura West Maternity Leave (SPECULATION)

• Members

Since West's leave is fastly approaching.....

How many people are willing to bet that Carly can't get off so easy this time when the cat comes out of the bag about her and Simon, the jewel thiefs......Simon somehow gets away (a.k.a. Leyden's departure)....and Carly gets stuck behind bars?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn! Is it just me, or has Maura taken like three maternity leaves within the past... eh, 5 or 6 years?

Anyway, I love her. I rarely, rarely watch ATWT so I never know what's going on. But when I DO watch, it's usually because of Carly/Maura. Even when I have no idea what's going on whatsoever, I'll watch any Carly scene because she's one of those actresses who I could just watch perform all day long. I love watching how she plays scenes... she's fascinating. I'm the same way with actresses like Lauren Koslow and Robin Strasser.

• Members

I am thinking that Carly will end up in Jail, or get seriously hurt somehow and end up in a coma, because from what I understand her leave is like 6 months this time, so it is going to have to be something pretty big that keeps her off canvas for a long time. So far though I have not read anything on her exit storyline. But seeing as she is done airing sometime in Mid January, They are going to have to get to it pretty soon.

• Members

I just can't wait for her to go! The writing are making me hate so many characters, not only with the bad writing, but they are on too much. Carly and Katie are being ruined and overused with this awful Simon story.

And we all know when she returns she will immediately get another huge story. Why can't Martha Byrne get the same? Z_Z

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 5 2006, 10:18 AM)

And we all know when she returns she will immediately get another huge story. Why can't Martha Byrne get the same? Z_Z

Oh please, Martha Byrne has been chewing up scenery for years now. There are more actors that deserve to be frontburner than her.

Atleast I know Carly can't be ruined while she's off canvas...Hopefully, pass... can give her something new, fresh, and unstupid when she returns.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 5 2006, 09:18 AM)

I just can't wait for her to go! The writing are making me hate so many characters, not only with the bad writing, but they are on too much. Carly and Katie are being ruined and overused with this awful Simon story.

I agree and want the same thing!

• Members

I disagree, Martha Byrne is one of the best actors on the show and I don't think she's gotten anything major to do in a long time. The last big story for her was Julia sleeping with Holden and even that was more about Carjack than Lily. Then with Luke's gay secret it was more Holden/Luke with her baby on the way.

But she's not the only actress who needs a good storyline. The superior Ellen Dolan, Tamara Tunie and Colleen Zenk Pinter should be owning this show. Not fricking Carly and Katie's annoying ass.

• Members

ICAM. At least Martha's fans don't have to worry about how stupid Lily's become. Or how long it'll take before she regains her senses.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Maura's airtime bequeathed to CZP. But somehow we'll end up with even more Meg, Em, and Katie. Lily moaning and [!@#$%^&*]ing about what Jade, Luke or maybe Faith is up to doesn't interest me in the least. I'm sure if Martha can manage it, Paulo will ride back in to town to pester Luciano again.

• Members

Thank goodness. I've never been happier to see an actress go on maternity leave than now. MW is a wonderful actress, but her character is one of the worst on the show IMO.

And Lily always gets air-time, so the fact that she's not on all the time doesn't bug me.

Archived