Madonna Special..

King

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Speaking as someone who "Confessed" let me tell you the concert was just fabulous.

A fantastic show, great choice of songs and Madonna at her best - enojoyed every minute of minute. So NBC cut the cross scene, huh? I was against it before I saw at the concert but in the context of "Live to Tell" and aid for Africa I was very impressed by this segment...

PS: There is a male majority at Madonna concerts (and yes, a lot of them are gay (couples)) but the relation is rather 55-60 % to 40-45% female audience. The age mix is always very impressive and adds a great feel.

• Members

I thought it was great - definitely enjoyed every minute of it. I especially loved the remixes of Like a Virgin and Erotica she used and the incorporation of I Feel Love into Future Lovers. The Hung Up finale was awesome.

• Members

It was a good PERFORMANCE. But the songs were AWFUL. I haven't listened to her last few cd's through, but GOD, this techno trance phase she is in is really not for me. So, I think it's pretty bad. I did like Die Another Die and Hung Up, but I really see no need to turn a damn good ballad like Live To Tell into a trancey, acid trip remix! I could have used a glimmer of her old music. I know she feels like she was a different person when she wrote them, but damn. I don't think you would have enjoyed this unless you were a hardcore fan of hers right now and knew these songs.

• Members

King, I know that the reason Madonna didn't do alot of her older songs on this tour is because she feels tired of performing the same songs over and over again. Last year she did her reinvention tour and performed nothing but old songs from the 80's and 90's and didn't perform any songs from her American Life album.

So I think she can perform her newer material since for her last tour she performed nothing but her older material. So this tour she is performing her newer stuff from her latest album.

I thought the rock segments were good I Love New York and Ray Of Light were awesome. I also liked her performence of Let It Will Be and Hung Up and her new renditions of Erotic and Like A Virgin.

• Members

The Reinvention Tour was pretty heavy on older songs, but she did include some songs from American Life: Nobody Knows Me, American Life, Hollywood, Die Another Day, and Nothing Fails.

I've really been enjoying Madonna's recent focus on techno/disco/dance, so I liked the songs. I didn't really like the original versions of certain songs like Erotica and Live to Tell, but I liked the Confessions tour versions. I was never a big fan of Madonna's 80s/90s work up until Ray of Light, so it didn't bother me though I can see why it would bother others.

• Members

I already had seen the show on a DVD before, but I think as great as it was, and how good of a dancer she is(wow, she's 47!!), I also miss the old songs and would have liked to see a different scene and hear a different sound with each song, everything was too much in the same genre. I have her newest CD, know all her songs but still would have liked her to mix it up, and she should consider her fans that have supported her since the beginning- I'm all for new stuff and new sound but the old is good too.

Wonder what the ratings were.

• Members

Doesn't surprise me. An affiliate here pre-empted a disco special ABC did a few years back.

They were probably antsy about the "Live To Tell" cross thing.

I wish I could have seen it. Did she do "How High?"(Which, I hope is the next single from the album).

Archived