Ann Coulter

Scott

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The difference between Coulter and Moore is I find that Moore actually has facts and views that seem to support themselves and actually have valid points, plus he actually does know how to humor people without having to really resort to ad hominem attacks (case in point: the guy has never been sued before for slander or libel whereas Coulter has already been accused of such a crime)

The very fact that I dislike Coulter has nothing to do with her speaking her mind....when one claims that she regrets McVeigh not going into the New York Times building that is where I draw the line and call a time out...actions like those are clearly uncalled for and actually can get you into major trouble these days but to just pass it off as speaking your mind actually minimizes the amount of damage those comments really have on people. What would this world be like if we did not have actual news outlets like The New York Times to report actual news media stories? Given how New York City already suffered a terrorist attack in 1993 at the World Trade Center makes it all the more reasonable for people, like Coulter, to keep their opinions about any other NYC landmark to themselves

The reason why most of us do not say anything that Coulter does is simply due to how we often learn from history whereas she clearly does not.....what would be the point of invading countries, killing their leaders, and converting to Christianity? Heinous acts have been committed over the years in countries like England and Rome in the name of religion and sorry to burst Coulter's bubble but Christianity happens to be one of those religions! It was our very own history of revolting against the system set up in England that got us to be our very own country full of thinking human beings who can establish order without that kind of influence and therefore the Founding Fathers saw it fit that each religion ought to be respected and to not mix them into government since over time history has taught us that political leaders often utilize religious doctrines to justify killing

I also do not find someone so vile and disgusting like Coulter to be entertaining in the least bit and she merely just gets off believing in the crap that has been instilled in her and writes books to which I find my eight year old second cousin has far more decency and writing skills in her

What I find interesting about Coulter is this bias she shows against liberal women and how if women did not have the right to vote then all presidents in history from Goldwater to the present would be Republican....does she not get that we rebelled against a monarchy? If it were up to her, America would be just a one party system and fortunately here we have rights to select through multiple parties (Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent, American Independent, Green)

Perhaps next month will be a light at the end of the tunnel for this nation and we let the Democrats have a chance to present THEIR vision for success in Iraq, economy, women's rights, civil liberties, transportation, education, national security (BTW we are not any safer than the weeks leading up to 9/11 that is a FACT!), homeland security, immigration reform

I still say to this day that with all the hatred that he preaches against homosexuals, terrorists (I consider Bush a terrorist-look it up in the dictionary and it actually has some truth to it), the Constitution (Dubya himself even stated once that it is nothing more than a god damn piece of paper-sorry but I can't take a politician seriously if he finds the document that has held this country together for 200+ years just a mere piece of paper)...I am just shocked that he has not been assassinated-you look at the attempt made on Reagan, who still was not the best president, and come to think wow it's hard to believe that since history is pretty much repeating itself that one attempt has yet to be made on this lame duck president who is known to rig elections in his favor, ignore briefings from the CIA on Bin Laden (of course to the Cons it is all Clinton's fault to which I say baloney since he hunted him down more vigorously than this current administration ever has.....I can only imagine what would have happened if he helped McVeigh or anybody else involved in the Oklahoma City bombing escape the country...recall Bush permitted Saudis to fly back to their homeland when 15 of the 19 hijackers were in fact Saudi and not Iraqi

Let Bush, Rove, Rice, and Cheney out unprotected in the streets of New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Newark, Boston, Seattle, Las Vegas....odds are all four of them would only last about one minute apiece

Cowards all of them and now look at the debt that this country is now in for the next president to try and make up for and yet for some odd reason these baffoons still have people supporting them....just shocks me

as to how dumbfounded some people truly are

Okay done-that felt good B)

• Members

Sometimes I think that what she says is an act. Or at least it's very exaggerated. But even if that were true, that still doesn't help that a lot of people actually believe what she says. If I were a Republican, I would be ashamed that so many people in my party actually support her. It seems like they only support her b/c she's an attractive woman, and don't really read or listen to what she says.

I attend a women's college that is extremely feminist and radical in terms of reproductive, gender, and social issues, but last year a significant percentage of students (about 50) actually went to see Ann Coulter give a talk in Boston...and it wasn't as some protest, but rather b/c they were legitimate fans of hers. All of them "aspire" to be housewives and are actually looking for future husbands by going to the near-by Ivy-Leagues and other co-ed colleges on weekends. It's quite scary b/c it's just a total regression back to the 1950s. Soon they'll be giving us etiquette classes and lessons on how to balance a book on our heads while serving drinks. :rolleyes: They also tried to ban the school from showing a production of The Vagina Monologues b/c, according to them, it was sexist as it associated women only w/ their vaginas. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Needless to say, the school still ran the production. It was quite a big to-do on campus b/c, even though 50 out of 2500 students doesn't seem like a lot, they actually control the college newspaper and have a lot of ways to send their messages to other people both on-and-off campus. They also get along well w/ the administration here b/c they agree w/ them on an extremely controversial issue that has occurred on-campus in recent years, and has caused a lot of resentment from the students to the administration.

It's really scary just how "dead" feminism is in this country. I still can't believe that any woman my age would applaude another woman who thinks that only men should have the right to vote. It's one thing to be against Roe v. Wade. I think anyone can understand the other side's rationale on abortion. But who in their right mind (that's not over 60 at least!) would want to get rid of the 19th amendment? Are we going to return to a voting system where only white men w/ property can vote? It's not as if women are more "liberal" than men anymore. More and more middle-aged and retiree-age women vote conservately.

• Members

Moore uses what he THINKS are facts.

And it is true, the wives of 9/11 should NOT blame the president..Clinton or Bush.

Now for the other stuff she said, it was wrong, but if liberals can call Bush a killer and be allowed too, she is allowed to spew her garbage as well.

• Members

No actually they should blame the president when he had ample opportunity to prevent this attack from taking place and had he read the briefing given to him on 8/6/01 by the CIA then it would at least wake him up to the possibilities of an attack on this nation and also getting him and the entire cabinet to work with counterterrorist experts in the best method available to prevent Bin Laden from committing his acts of terrorism as he did on the USS Cole but nope instead he chose to ignore the briefing and utilized the attacks to plan his only little war (more like a vendetta if you ask me) with zero exit strategy and about as many missions as Liz Taylor had husbands (one was to find WMDs...other was to rid the world of Saddam Hussein...then it became about bringing democracy to Iraq....then about installing a new govt in Iraq....but overall to me it was about capturing their oil supply and feeding his pockets)

They have every right to blame the president for his failures as is the true belief of a democracy-to question leadership at times of carelessness

• Members

Gosh how I would love to live in Canada right now....so much more of a comforting and nurturing atmosphere but then of course return to the United States once we get a suitable president in D.C. ;)

How is the weather like up North right about now? Viva Canada! ;)

Oh and about Bush being a killer....well truth of the matter is he is and deliberately lied and fabricated information and many people died in the process...if there is any justice in this world he would either be impeached or rotting in prison while at the same time paying a significant fine to recover from the huge deficit that we are now in all thanks to him and his little games of war

• Members

We had a fluke hail / snow storm for a couple hrs in London today :( Nothing stuck thankfully. And things arent so great politically here now with Harper in office. We now have actual Canadian troops in iraq, not peacekeepers - troops. I miss having a prime minister that would tell the US to f*k itself like Chrétien would.

• Members

Yup lets blame the Presidents, because those briefings told them WHO was attacking, When, Where and what time and what airlines...are you people honestly going to think that could have been prevented?

I do believe there were faults on all levels, failures of both parties and enough finger pointing to last a lifetime.

But no one will ever stop every attack at all points of the world no matter how hard you try.

If you believe that, please run for office and get the job done. To blame either President, either party or any country is just flat wrong and it is sad that politics has come to that.

If you want to live in Canada...no one is stopping you.

I prefer to live in a country that has balls though.

• Members

America cannnot always be the country that tells others what to do and when to do it. We fight too many battles that we have no business being in, and we are more hated than ever. Sometimes our "balls" have to go limp once in a while.

When will Bush and his blind followers, including Coulter, wake up and realize this? How many more soldiers will have to die in our president's personal vendetta of a war? Enough is enough. I just hope America is smart for the 2008 election, God knows they weren't in 2004.

Archived