Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love this show...Seriously i had a smile on my face during the last 10 minutes..I was so excited when they all found out the ratings went up..Love Amanda Peets character...the dui thing was funny, and her confession that her husband had taken her to sex clubs..WOW...

Also i'm really liking Harriet..and Mathew Perry rocks in this role...

• Members

Yes, it did. Ratings for Monday's show was a 6.0. It was beaten by CSI Miami which got a 11.2 rating and even The Bachelor beat it with a 6.4. It is not good news that the Bachelor beat it too. It ranked 3rd in its timeslot. Ratings are from zap2it.

• Administrator

From Media Week:

9/18/06 - Overnights: 10.3/16; Viewers: 13.41 million; A18-49: 5.0/13

9/25/06 - Overnights: 8.7/14; Viewers: 10.83 million; A18-49: 4.2/11

10/02/06 – Overnights: 7.2/11; Viewers: 9.05 million; A18-49: 3.5/ 9

Doesn't look good. But at least we 13 episodes because I believe there's a penalty if NBC cancels it before 13 episodes.

Maybe a move to Wednesday at 10pm will be a good move because Kidnapped will get cancelled and maybe The Nine won't do to well on ABC.

I don't think NBC should give up on the show.

• Members

I don't think NBC will cancel this anytime soon..First because its critically aclaimed and could rank up golden globes and emmys..and also its got so much potential (there was a huge bidding war for this show)...Obviously the ratings aren't what they want them to be...But i really hope they give this show a chance, i have a feeling it will beat the Bachelor next week.....and yes toups maybe wednesday nights could be a better night for the show...

thank god they didn't put it on thursdays..it would have bombed worse against the original csi and greys..

• Members

I hope they give the show some time, too. I watched both this and Heroes tonight instead of Monday, and they are both fantastic shows. I agree that Matthew Perry is knocking this out of the park, and his chemistry with Bradley Whitford is outstanding.

I really like seeing the supposed behind-the-scenes workings of a show. It's actually endlessly fascinating. The wordiness of the script is cool too. It's like watching a book instead of reading it. I'm sure that makes NO sense, but it's the only thing I can think of. LOL! Loving this show!!

• Members

Who the hell knows what forum this should be in, but whatevs.

This was the best episode of Studio 60 thus far! So amazing. I was gripped every freaking second!

This is definitely one of those shows that gets better each episode. Bravo, Sorkin!

• Administrator

Well, a bit of good news is that it went up in demos (probably because of no baseball).

9/18/06 - Overnights: 10.3/16; Viewers: 13.41 million; A18-49: 5.0/13

9/25/06 - Overnights: 8.7/14; Viewers: 10.83 million; A18-49: 4.2/11

10/02/06 – Overnights: 7.2/11; Viewers: 9.05 million; A18-49: 3.5/ 9

10/09/06 - Overnights: 6.8/11; Viewers 8.76 million; A18-49: 3.8/9

The thought the last half hour was really good with the plagarism story. I even thought the joke was funny. :lol:

Archived