Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't going to watch this show... because I love Medium, but I figured I'd check it out. It's okay, I'm lost on who's who though and if I wasn't on this board, then I wouldn't know what Amanda Peet and Steven Weber's character's jobs were. So far, I'm liking Danny and Matt; and I hope there's more of The Big Three. I liked their little scene they had.

• Administrator

Sorkin's really good with writing male friendship.

First Dan and Casey on Sports Night. Then Jed/Leo on TWW. And now Matt and Danny.

I think Matthew Perry will prove how underrated he is. I want him to win an Emmy, and with Sorkin's words I think he has a great chance.

• Members

I LOVED Sports Night, just got the entire series and re-watched it all. Watching this show reminds me a lot of Sports Night but with a different flair. I LOVED it. I hope it does well. Felicy was great. Matthew was great!! Aaron Sorkin really has talent.

• Members

Wasn't Felicity on Sports Night too? Probably a favor to Aaron to get to do the show, plus she made reference to DH and Wisteria Lane. I LOVED it. I thought Matthew Perry was so witty as always and Brad whitford, it was so good to see him be the one who had the problem. I can't wait for next week. DL Hughley was hysterical, and I don't usually like him. Amanda Peet looked radiant. And MP looked damn hot too :)

• Members

I just watched it and I really loved it! In a way I wanted to hate it because I resented all the press and hype when poor little Sports Night only got two seasons. Plus I hate Matthew Perry, but other than him this show was rocking! LOVE DL Hugley, Amanda Peet, the religious blonde and Bradley Whitford!

The pacing was excellent and like Sports Night, I love how you'll have something like Three Six Mafia in the background with so many other things going on at once. But if I hadn't seen that show, i'm sure it would be hard to follow. Thats going to be the biggest problem over time, will enough casual viewers get it?

Archived