Days: SOD info

• Administrator

Well, in Reilly's defence, there hasn't been any supernatural elements for a couple of years now, and he's never written an alien story at DAYS. :D

I think keeping Tek is a good idea. RA is a good actor, and there's not that many good young black actors in daytime. With Tek staying in town, he could be paired with anyone.......Billie?.......Belle?........Mimi?......Lexie?.....Jessica(?) or Sarah(?) Horton?....a relative of Abe's maybe?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve, I agree with your comments about the women, but I think thats more a business thing in general. Still, I'd take what he wrote to what we get now which is NOTHING in terms of business. BTW, I must disagree about Margo. She's been on the frontburner all summer and is running the ship. Unfortunately, I think the problems with Ben Hendrickson forced them to use her. It's obvious they had to write him out well before his death, and then we suddenly saw her handling the cases. Plus they've been showing more of Margo's personal life. I think she may be back on the frontburner again.

It looks like Kate will become the new Barbara, knowing her history, it might work better for her. All in all, I can't wait for October. I'm not going to risk tuning in for Beth and still hating it. I'll be back when Hogan arrives! :D

• Members

I predict Dr. Jeremy Horton will be back on the canvas (finally SORASed) within a year. And it wouldn't surprise me to see Sarah Horton back, as well, since she's the same age as Carrie and it would give Maggie more to do.

I agree not to ship an entire new family into town all at one. We've seen over and over that an established show suddenly overrun by a new family doesn't go over well with viewers. If a new family *does* come on, I think it will be gradually and slowly. A new character is introduced and then, over time, a brother/sister or parent will show up and the timing will be dictated both by story needs as well as current actors/charaters leaving show whether based on storyline dictates or actor's leaving of their own accord for whatever reason.

• Members

So when he said he wasn't going to bring in any new families, that sort of washed out that the first interview about his plans said he was not writing for the DiMera's. Sounds like he warmed up to the idea of keeping them around as well as the Lockhart's or at least Bonnie and Connor. Connor could be around the age of the teens or he could be Will's age group which will be the new teens in a couple of years. I still cannot see Bonnie and Victor paired. Gringe to remember Bonnie and Mickey.

• Members

I appreciate you saying that and trying. For some reason people keep talking about the supernatural stuff. I am wondering where has it been. I haven't seen any in so long at all. JER turned the show into traditional soap stuff (triangles, quadrangles, etc.). Some of it he did okay, and some of it he didn't. But there was no sci-fi stuff at all in the last 2 years.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Aug 30 2006, 07:43 PM)

Steve, I agree with your comments about the women, but I think thats more a business thing in general. Still, I'd take what he wrote to what we get now which is NOTHING in terms of business. BTW, I must disagree about Margo. She's been on the frontburner all summer and is running the ship. Unfortunately, I think the problems with Ben Hendrickson forced them to use her. It's obvious they had to write him out well before his death, and then we suddenly saw her handling the cases. Plus they've been showing more of Margo's personal life. I think she may be back on the frontburner again.

It looks like Kate will become the new Barbara, knowing her history, it might work better for her. All in all, I can't wait for October. I'm not going to risk tuning in for Beth and still hating it. I'll be back when Hogan arrives! :D

Chris, I think Ellen Dolan's letter to her fans had a lot to do with it too. In which she didn't just write about herself or in defense of herself but all the women on the show. So far it has only worked for her. I don't know if the writers chose to let her handle the Maddie case because they wanted her too, or if it happened because of Hendrickson. My guess is that Margo was the intended one with this, esp. after she had the conversation with Tom the other day beating herself up because she did not see the signs that Maddie had been raped. It made it poignant that the lead detective in the case was a rape victim and did not see the signs. So my guess is that it was sort of storyline predicted.

• Members

As long as we have as many independent, strong characters, both male and female, it willbe fine. I'm just going to see what he has to do about everything on the show. It's catching fire right now, and word-of-mouth may bring those ratings up even further.

• Members

Oh my God, I love the Hogan interview! Finally -- FINALLY -- my soap is going to be a REAL, adult soap that you don't have to be embarassed of watching! Yeeee-hawww!

Favorite comments are the ones about Marlena being a "real person" again and comparing Kate to Barbara on ATWT, saying she'll be central to story. Thank God! I LOVE Lauren Koslow. She's one of daytime's all-time best.

• Members

The specific Lauren quote was: "On this show, we've got Lauren Koslow. That woman is phenomenal and sexy and fun. She's gonna be very central to a lot of what's going on...."

I can't be anything less than thrilled that he doesn't underestimate her value.

Archived