Days: SOD info

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From what Phoenix typed, This is the only thing that worries me:

I love that Hogan wants to make the men stronger and give them back their penises. This is the same thing he did at ATWT.

This sounds like the same formula he used at ATWT and even though I loved his stories there and what he did, I did hate what he did to the women at ATWT. Even Ellen Dolan spoke out a few months back what happened to her character as a professional under Hogan and is still going on under the current writing regime. I had wondered whether some of it might have been Goutman, but now that I read this from Hogan I think it started with him.

Margo was a strong family woman, but was a strong cop. Under Hogan the men got the investigations and Margo worked the desk. It is still going on today. Also under him the strong businesswomen angle was undone. You saw them at work some but usually they were controlled by the men. For instance Lucinda was taken over by Craig. Barbara was destroyed by Craig, and depended on James to get things done. Carly couldn't make it without Craig helping her to get started.

I like my strong men, but I like them to be counterpointed by strong women too. I do not want to see the women of Days to become weak - esp. someone like Kate.

I hope that he doesn't take it to the full extent he did at ATWT, but that statement does worry me a little.

• Members

I adored the way he wrote most of the women on ATWT...with the exception

of Barbara and Rosanne. Rosanna was whiny and needy and Barbara was an over

the top villainness.

I did feel that Hogan never knew what to do with Margo-or Tom-while he was there.

Such a shame...he really let potential go to waste there.

But overall, I adored the way he wrote women at ATWT:

he wrote them strong, fiesty, and take-no-bull

Ironically, though he spoke about wanting to give ATWT men back their penises, they

were always far less interesting than the women IMO

The women caused the trouble, they stirred the pot, they drove the emotional storylines.

They didn't take a backseat...they were in charge of their own lives.

ATWT women (when he was writing) took action. I hope he gives Salem women back their

strength and spunk too.

• Members

The article was a delight to read...Hogan has some great plans for the show..I love that Marlena is back as a matriach, more young hortons (Maggie better get a daughter back!!!), no more incest, Lucas/Sami as a favorite couple of his, the idea that lexie and abe will get some good stuff, and turning phillip into a younger version of his father..

And KB's last tape date has to be sept 21st..because Martha and Farah only mentioned JC leaving last week, not Kyle..Which is good i want Kyle for a little while longer..At least to play out the claire stuff..

I also don't mind that Tek is back, as it gives Lexie and Abe more drama..

• Members

I thought what Hogan did with Roseanna was brilliant. She was a revelation of a character and of an actress, Cady McClain, an ice queen. Unfortunately they eventually screwed her up when she got too mushy. But he made her what she was with the recast.

I really liked the way he wrote for Margo and Jessica a lot of times, he seemed to relish writing for the great actresses, but unfortunately a lot of that was couched in bad stories like the rape debate and the Doc Reese thing. He did, however, admit that the rape story was a mistake IIRC.

• Members

I'm not so sure I agree with his comment that viewers aren't invested in new families. DAYS NEEDS unconnected characters, especially if they are going to do romantic stories. If the characters are written well, and portrayed by people that can act, I think we would be invested in them. Since the show consists of two core families, the unconnected characters that we did have just felt out of place, but I attribute that to lousy writing. Who knows how Bonnie, Patrick, and Tek would have been if JER actually knew in the hell what to do with them?

His ideas sound great though. Let's hope that Corday will give him the control to execute what he wants. And, I'm excited that Hogan hates the incest. Chelsea/Max/Stephanie was not working.

• Members

It's about time that a writer takes interest in Darin Brooks. I totally agree that Max needs to be groomed to play a leading man. It will be interesting to see what happens with Abby.

I don't agree that we don't need another family in Salem. Before long, the family tree will only be one branch. :lol:

• Members

I sure hope he does bring back some of the younger Hortons. All of them except for Tommy have grandchilden and great-grandchildren out there. Of course I guess by now even Tommy could have. Sandy didn't have any children while she was in town, but could have married and had them by now.

From Addie, I would love to see David and Scotty revisited.

Then from Mickey there is Melissa and Sarah. Also with Sarah back in town Neil's daughter Noelle could come back to get close to her sister, Sarah.

From Marie, there is Jessica who had several children with Joshua Fallon.

And of course Mike could always come back or his son, Jeremy.

It would be great to have any of them back, and have a new generation of Horton's in town.

• Members

I thinks this all sounds great. And I think we can say that Lauren Koslow is safe now.. :D

And I don't mind that he isn't brining in a new family... I know he will bring some new characters down the line, but it doesn't have to be right away...

Anyways, does anyone know where I can find the complete interview? If there is a complete interview online...

• Members

Love that he loves Lumi. :)

He seems to understand what fans want and cares about the show's history. Fast-paced storylines and character-driven interaction sound like his hallmarks...which will be a total breath of fresh air.

PS: Orange is back on contract. WTF???

• Members

I know. I don't get it either. I understand the new blood crap. But when there's a huge budget cut, and we have to say goodbye to ten contract actors, I don't see the need to put HIM back on, of all people!

Archived