Days: SOD info

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW! This all sounds phenomenally fantastic (does that make sense? :P)

I can't wait for his stuff to start airing. :D

He is just what DAYS needs.

And once again, Corday lied: In an interview with SOD a couple of weeks ago, he said that Sheffer's stuff begins airing in late-August or early September. LIER! It's early October you retard.

And Rhassan (sp?) is back on contract with the show? I don't hate him, though. With as much as we're seeing him right now, one would think he's still on contract. I'm still glad he's being used a lot.

• Members

I would just say that he has a story planned for Tek and didn't want to risk losing him to another show. And without a contract he could lose him - even though he is recurring with the show.

And as already pointed out, Orange is probably only making scale or a little above it - so he is not going to cost that much.

• Members

so TEK, a useless character basically no one cares about is given back a contract while others are fired because of bugdet cuts etc.? whatever. how stupid.

It all sounds really good,like the days of old may be making a comeback.I love reading stuff with a writer who knows what the fans want and not corday usual spin on the crap they aired.

Dont like the fact that he loves Abe and Lexie.I LOVE renee Jones and I think it's time they broke up Abe and Lexie and gave Lexie a story of her own without bug'seyes in the way.

Great news about Lumi.I've stopped being a fan after they ruined the character of Lucas and Now really enjoy the sami/EJ scenes but I hope he can really change that and bring some depth and growth into both characters.

• Members

It all comes down to money. Some of the other characters could have probably stayed around too, but not with the current performers. Budget cuts are just a common thing in daytime these days, and pretty soon they had to hit Days. They have hit just about every other show, so it was bound to happen.

And speaking of characters with new performers, don't count it out under Hogan anyway. He never brought back a character to ATWT with the old performer in the role. I don't even remember reading where the old performer was even asked to come back. And I would say if he wants to write for someone, he will have no qualms about bringing them back with a new performer in the role - even someone like Jack. I think since Corday has attachment to performers from working with them, he might give Hogan a harder time than Goutman did, but I still see if it is good for the show it will happen - and esp. if Hogan has complete control.

ATWT had many popular performers in many of the roles that Hogan brought back, but each time those roles were brought back with a vet of another show or a newcomer.

With Hogan it would not surprise me to see Jack come back with Hunt Block in the role instead of Matthew Ashford.

• Members

Why did they keep Tek?

Simple. First, he isn't very expensive and let's remember they constantly move him from contract to recurring. He has been moved like 3 times. Secondly, he is minority character and having more of them is a good thing. Thirdly, he is a character with no connections to the canvas that is already established with the audience.

Let's not correlate the cuts with Tek. Those that got cut were cut because Days needed to slash major dough. This has nothing to do with who is the better character or who has been here longer. It all is circumstance and money. If Matt, Billy, Christie, and Austin all made what Rhassan makes then they would going nowhere but they are. It sucks but it's reality. Hopefully, once ratings go up, we can at least get more of them back but at least we will have more Horton's it seems.

Tek has major potential and it got squandered over the last year when JER made him a total pervert. When he first came on he was great, especially during his face off with Marlena during the SSK story. Tek is not Patrick-he has major potential with this show.

Everyone worried about the men/women of the show and how he will write them should remember he says in this interview that he is not going to handle or do things like he did at ATWT. He doesn't want people comparing the two so he will try to keep things different then how he worked things out there.

I love all his ideas. I am just worried about no Billie mention. It is good to know he has plans for Kate.

As for no new familes, I think it is a good idea for now since most diehard fans won't accept it IMO. I mean in all the cut threads all you hear from people is how they want people like Tek, Patrick, EJ, etc cut so that alone proves that new characters are not exactly what many fans are looking for. The show needs new blood but I see Hogan bringing back Horton's like he says and maybe some other family members to mix things up. Days tried bringing in new families recently with the Walker's and Lockhart's and look how that ended up.

• Members

With AMC dumping their minority characters, and the CBS soaps only writing for a certain few, I'm not angry Tek is staying. DAYS needs a couple of unconnected characters not related to the Bradys and Hortons. People are tired of near-incest, yet they don't want to see any new or unrelated characters. The show can certainly survive on Bradys, Hortons, and in-laws, but it also needs non-relatives to keep it fresh.

• Members

I agree Bree but I do like the fact that he isn't going to introduce anyone new right away. He plans to bring back old characters (Horton's) but no new familes or characters and that is a wise way to go considering there is alot to repair with the current cast. I say he should just wait a year before adding anyone new to the canvas. Old faves or characters are fine but no one completely new quite yet as there is enough to handle right now with those already on the show.

• Members

I don't think worrying about how he will write men or women is the same thing as repeating storylines. I don't think he will repeat storylines at all, but I think all writers have a certain style with how they write. And you can look at each and see how they deal with characters. He is already making similar comments about the men and women of Days as he originally did with the men of ATWT.

I think he did okay with a few women on ATWT but overall he didn't. I think esp. of Lucinda and Margo. Lucinda was always a strong businesswoman and that side of her was lost under Hogan, and it is still lost today. Margo was a strong cop before Hogan, but she wasn't under Hogan and it is still carried through today - even causing her to speak out to her fans about it. Under Hogan, Jack and Hal were the lead detectives in all the stories. It is still the same today.

I think the way he treats male and females will carry over whether the stories do or not.

• Members

Ever since that cat/mouse scene during the serial killer story, I've wanted to see Tek and Marlena in more scenes. I'd love for them to add Tek to the list of EJ and Patrick on the DiMera payroll (explain the drugging). Have Marlena do what John did with Eve, only by befriending him and staying close. Marlena loves Abe and Lexie, it would involve her in their lives too.

• Members

Yes, it staggers me too the actor playing Tek is back on contract while Matt Ashford, Billy Warlock and Christie Clark are let go :rolleyes: ! If I'd been making a list of characters to kill off, Tek would have been in there for sure.

Sheffer's ideas look good on paper! An end to Reilly's supernatural/demonic crap would be a good start!

We can hope Matt Ashford is brought back to DAYS sometime next year(assuming he is available). I think Sheffer could do great things with the character of Jack Deveraux.

I can't promise I'll be a devoted DAYS viewer after September 21(Matt/Missy's last episode), but I'll keep reading this board to see how things are going with Sheffer's new SLs.

Archived