Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great plot idea, but are these writers even interested in a good  mystery? I'm not sure they even thought of it.

I'm still happy with Summer being rested. I had enough of her to not see her for at least another 6 months-year. Recasting, though, I'm definitely +1000 when the time comes.

Yep, don't believe Y&R will be any more than the Victoria show for the foreseeable future.

• Members

The 3 straight partial and total pre-emotions sent me back to recaps starting yesterday. I realize I haven't missed anything yesterday/today. I'm holding out hope that the show becomes must-watch or at least watchable by October with Mal. I'd rather be optimistic since I dropped B&B as well. 

• Members

Sharon was upset that she didn't get the license plate on the pimp's car as it drove off. SO WHY DIDNT SHE TAKE A PICTURE OF IT WHEN SHE SAT IN HER CAR FOR A FRICKIN HOUR? The license plate was in plain view.

Before that, when the pimp paid the hookers' bail, why wasn't he questioned? Aren't they all working on this sex ring case? It took him all of 2 minutes to get those girls released. Horrible writing.

Poor Crystal. She's captive to sex ring baddies. It's cool that she has a phone to text and call all the time, though.

Cane has no job and no money but spends all his time at the AC bar. Uh....ok.

• Members

Tessa and Crystal make no sense.

I don't understand why Crystal won't walk away. I mean, are they threatening to kill folks she love or something? If so, the show needs to say that. Does she have a child they are holding hostage. Tell me something as to why she was out and escaped but went back. She's quite tedious without it.

Why doesn't Tessa tell Sharon? Sharon clearly cares about the girl. Why can't anyone know it's her sister? And the show did poor Cait Fairbanks a disservice giving her this heavy dark  and emotional story. I don't know why I can't feel anything for Tessa. I want to like her. But much like Jordan, no matter how hard I try, I just don't. 

Speaking of Jordan, thank God he dumped Hilary. I can't think of a single reason why he was ever with Hilary in the first place. Both their stories would have been better served dating someone more connected to canvas. Her, possibly with Noah, since they are insisting on this dumb rivalry with Mariah. And him with Abby or a boy toy for Victoria. It's not like they played a rivalry with Jordan and Devon or Hilary and Lily while they were paired up. 

• Members

I have a theory that Y&R is pushing the bland newbies on this show to make the old stalwarts' SLs look better. For example, I am all over this Nick-Victor-Nikki-Faith story because I am familiar with the characters and their dynamic. It looks like f*cking Shakespeare next to Tessa in her denim onesie confronting the Pawn Stars reject playing the pimp. This stock player might as well have PIMPALICIOUS as his license plate, *ahem* Sharon!

I can't believe that Y&R picked the most generic actresses to play Tessa and Juliet. These are two important roles driving planned SL for at least the foreseeable future! I feel uninspired looking at them emote about prostitution/cystic fibrosis. The last time I felt excited about a new actress on the show was when Mishael Morgan came on the scene. Her star power burned off the screen.

That scene between Maddie and Cane was so awkward... like two strangers having a conversation.

Robert Adamson is hot, and he's competent. How come they can't give Noah anything to do besides tending bar?

• Members

I know it's been mentioned before I'd be open to a Noah/Hilary relationship but not as Hilary is currently written, as a one-note villain. I need depth. There was depth with the Devon car crash but it's gone down hill since then. She got a bit of a spark of life again in the LA stuff but again it's gone downhill.

I agree I'm glad Summer hasn't been seen in months and months and months. Has anyone REALLY missed her? Nick and Phyllis don't even seem to mention her. I'd be down for a recast though.

• Members

So...apparently at the Y&R fan event Mal Young told people they start taping his scripts this week (meaning his stuff will start to air the second week of October). 

The good news about that? She is taping every single day this week:

Also, supposedly he made it clear that his couples are Hilary/Devon, Billy/Phyllis and Tessa/Mariah. I mean, that's fine I guess but he has a lot of work to do with both Hilary and Devon and Billy and Phyllis.  Hilary and Devon need a VERY slow build back to each other and Billy and Phyllis need a breakup and TOTAL REBUILD if he wants them. 

The SID podcast is claiming that Mal hasn't made any tweaks and these are Sally's scripts. They said unlike Ron who tried to tweak some scenes, Mal hasn't -he's just focusing on his stuff so it should be a pretty big and noticeable shift when his scripts start airing.

Oh forgot one more thing, the very first thing Mal said at the event was not to ask him about Adam. Seems like there are no plans to bring him back anytime soon.

Archived