DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, I had the same thought. It'd be such a refreshing thing if Marlena reacts with rage at being psychologically tormented for months because of John's "amazing plan". She really needs to come to some sort of breaking point soon. I've never really known Marlena to be that much of a doormat, and frankly, how many people would actually put up with that crotchety old fool's nastiness as long as she has?

• Members

Exactly. I was thinking the same thing- they weren't even in town at the same time.

Ya know, SOD has given Gloria Loring her own column now. Can't we have Neil & Liz back in town? There was something that was SO DAYS about Dr. Neil Curtis- he always felt like a character that would always be there. Then POOF! He's gone one day.

• Administrator

Yeah, as fan of the Marlena/Kristen rivlary, I've been disppointed with that aspect of this storyline. John trying to make Kristen fall in love with him again would make a little more sense if he involved Marlena in his plans. It would be awful if Marlena believed John was trying to get back with Kristen.

• Members

Speaking of that rivalry, Jen/Chloe was pretty much a bust. Why aren't we seeing Marlena and Kristen going after one another? Marlena should put two and two together with Sy and start investigating on her own. But as written, she's just what, sitting at home crying and then going around town staring at everyone who hates her?

• Members

I agree - there are no long term goals, just as there is no long term story development/plans. This needs to change. It seriusly hurts and cheapens the show..

I was really shocked at the Neil Curtis mention too. I wasn't even a fan back then but I love it when Days remembers it has many many people off -canvas and they don't just forget about the characters off canvas ( whad up Carrie & Austin's baby)

Loved seeing Kristen in the dump.. I like it when Days plays their comedic elements.. Days has so many great actors who play comedy well.. it should be written in as much as possible.

Lastly, I think Ciara could possilby steal my heart as favorite Days character of all time. I would love to see Lauren Boles grow up on this show and be a teenager who brings her mommma and daddy grief. Ciara can cause some major trouble!

Archived