DAYS: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure what difference it makes if I refer to you as the "other poster" or by your screen name, especially when we all knew (including you) to whom I was referring. I don't have everyone's screen name memorized and sometimes I don't feel like scrolling up to find out. I am the worst person in the world, I know.... And because I visit this board for entertainment purposes only, I think it is perfectly ok to allow myself to be entertained by your posts. Again, the worst person in the world, I know. I should be beaten with some cat-o-nines. happy.png. I think its perfectly ok to respect your opinions, disagree with your opinions, and be entertained by your opinions all at the same time but at the end of the day, it really isn't that deep so let's not give this this any more importance than it deserves.

• Members

2eahwur.jpg

Sami's hairstyle is awful but then again alot of her recent ones have had me scratching my head. Someone needs to hire a new stylist for her.

Loved Kristen coming to check in on Jen. I really hope their friendship is rekindled

Finally Will and EJ interact again. I miss that from the last regime. They still have chemistry

• Members

Word has just come in that "Days of Our Lives" is being preempted nationally today on Friday, December 14.

Here is the statement from daysofourlives.com:

"Due to the tragedy in Connecticut, Days of our Lives is preempted on Friday, December 14, 2012. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families."

• Members

"DAYS OF OUR LIVES" REVISED AIRDATE SCHEDULE

Due to the Friday, December 14 national preemption, here are some revised airdates for "Days of Our Lives." SoapNet will air a repeat of episode # 11980 (OAD: 12/13/12) this evening. Nathan Owens will make his debut as the new Cameron Davis on Monday, December 24. The Christmas Eve episode (with the traditional hanging of the Horton ornaments) will now air on Tuesday, December 25. The Christmas Day episode will now air on Wednesday, December 26. Still up in the air are the plans for January 1 (which was supposed to be preempted for the NHL Winter Classic). If that preemption stays in place (with a "Days" repeat), then the following additional changes will occur: Nadia Bjorlin's return as Chloe Lane would move to Monday, January 7. Episodes # 12000 and # 12001, featuring a special event, would be moved to Monday, January 14 and Tuesday, January 15. Lisa Rinna's final episode would move to Thursday, January 31. More information as it becomes available. Here is the updated airdate schedule for the next few weeks:

11977 MON 12/10/12

11978 TUE 12/11/12

11979 WED 12/12/12

11980 THU 12/13/12

PREEMPTED FRI 12/14/12

11981 MON 12/17/12

11982 TUE 12/18/12

11983 WED 12/19/12

11984 THU 12/20/12

11985 FRI 12/21/12

11986 MON 12/24/12

11987 TUE 12/25/12

11988 WED 12/26/12

11989 THU 12/27/12

11990 FRI 12/28/12

11991 MON 12/31/12

TUE 1/1/13 (NEW SHOW OR A REPEAT MAY AIR...NHL GAME SCHEDULED WAS CANCELLED)

**NOTE: IF PREEMPTION OCCURS ON 1/1/13, then the following airdate schedule is in place for January 2013:

11992 WED 1/2/13

11993 THU 1/3/13

11994 FRI 1/4/13

11995 MON 1/7/13

11996 TUE 1/8/13

11997 WED 1/9/13

11998 THU 1/10/13

11999 FRI 1/11/13

12000 MON 1/14/13

12001 TUE 1/15/13

12002 WED 1/16/13

12003 THU 1/17/13

12004 FRI 1/18/13

PREEMPTED MON 1/21/13 INAUGURATION DAY

12005 TUE 1/22/13

12006 WED 1/23/13

12007 THU 1/24/13

12008 FRI 1/25/13

12009 MON 1/28/13

12010 TUE 1/29/13

12011 WED 1/30/13

12012 THU 1/31/13

12013 FRI 2/1/13

http://www.jason47.com

• Members

So, too, does Roman, with and without Wayne Northrop. That's why it disappointed the hell out of me to see their love story "die" with Marlena hooking up for good with John. I have no clue what caused Wayne and Dee's chemistry to evaporate, but evaporate, it did.

• Members

Ditto. 70s/80s Marlena is one of my all-time favorite soap characters -- vibrant, funny, sexy, smart, playful, passionate, inspiring. 90s-up Marlena is like a pod-person replacement of the original incarnation, stripped of all the vitality and real emotion. I still like her and root for her, but it's based on past affection for the character and the actress -- not anything I've seen on screen for the past 20 years.

• Members

I can't agree more. I am just watching the Salem Strangler story on YT and they seem so fresh and alive. It is so strange seeing them 10 years later, so flat, when originally it seemed like they could have been married in real life. Wayne's Roman for most of his second run seemed to have had his balls removed, he seemed a duller version of the same character.

The thing that shocked me more was how JER wrote Marlena during the Kristen goes bad story. To me Kristen had an emotional and mental breakdown in 1995 and it triggered some sort of bi-polar/manic depression (which she still suffers from). Marlena didn't seem at all shocked by Kristen's sudden change and did nothing but judge her and bitch fight with her, what kind of doctor does that? Marlena didn't show any real compassion or try to get Kristen any help, which would have been more in character.

• Members

I'm not sure if Kristen has totally changed.. or if this 'new' Kristen is all an act. While I'm sure how she is acting around Brady and John is all an act, I kind of hope that she is being sincere around Jennifer. I still see that friendship chemistry in the two scenes they have shared that they had back in the mid-90's... hopefully, Billie has a scene with the two of them like the old days (since all three original actresses are back on again).

• Members

Same. I think, too, that perhaps he was written that way in order to make John look like the more attractive suitor. Which is just wrong, if you ask me. BITD, I enjoyed Roman and Marlena and John and Marlena. If Marlena actually had to choose between the two -- which seems like a good story, at least on paper -- the least DAYS could have done was present her (and us) with a fair fight. There's nothing that says she wouldn't have ended up with John even if the magic had been there still with Roman. That, after all, is what great soap opera is about.

• Members

I don't think he was permitted them. Palumbo and Reilly(/Anderson) had clear intentions with Roman as the "safe" (and very boring) choice. Ro never had a chance once WN returned. It sucks because he's one of the serial's most important characters who's devolved into a total joke.

I think that Reilly, for whatever reasons, started really telling "his" kind of stories (that were distinct on "Days" in '97/'03-'06 and all through "Passions") on "Days" somewhere 'round '95 . . . that's when "Tony" lost it, Peter went from grey to (deep) black, and the triangles went from ambiguous to very clear. By Kristen's total character 180 in '96, I don't think Reilly was remotely interested in displaying anyone's internal motivations . . . "I NEED John!!!" was the only motivation of Kristen's that he was compelled to put on screen. It's like how Billie's heroin addiction went from a complex, interesting character study with Lisa Rinna in the role to a plot point just to trigger (or by that point reinforce?) her dependency on Bo and soon after turn her into a patented Reilly third-wheel-in-the-triangle psycho. Despite some fondly recalling his first run, I think it was void of any meaningful depth and characterization. It being fun and compelling is a totally different discussion, but I still see it as very, very destructive.

And on the flip side, Reilly never allowed any of the "heroes" or "heroines" to show any perspective past their bubble (i.e. righteous indignation and their "fated romance"). I guess I've never even thought about the implications of Marlena being a psychiatrist and not, at least, musing on Kristen's clear mental breakdown. But by the time Mar became wise to Kristen, hadn't K already wreaked SOOO much havoc on M's life? If I were a Reilly heroine, I don't think I'd care about the psychological wellbeing of my Reilly villain counterpart who had tried to ruin/steal my life. Psychiatrist or not. LOL!

• Members

I really enjoyed their scene on (was it) Thursday's episode (?). The first one just felt like a maneuver to display Kristen's ties past the DiMera's and J&M . . . but this one felt very real, very sad. IA with those who say the show lacks any spark, but I super appreciate all these moments GT & CW have given us . . . the interactions have been so organic and meaningful.

I forgot to post this earlier, with all the Kristen/Jenn/Billie talk going on a while back . . . everyone ready?!? ED, Krista Allen, and Stephanie Cameron! ohmy.pngtongue.png

http://youtu.be/R49BJhNnSxE

(Thank you to the user, liddlepeep, for posting this and so many other throwbacks!)

• Members

I agree with this.. especially in regards to Billie. Granted, you could argue that Billie changed the moment she was recast with Krista Allen.. but I recall that her Billie wasnt initially the psycho 3rd wheel in the triangle for awhile. However, didnt her Billie eventually get exposed and then move on after JER stopped writing the show? I seem to recall Billie having a fling with Roman then flirting with Nicholas ( setting up a Kate/Billie/Nicholas triangle that ended before it really began) before leaving in late 1999?

Archived