Y&R 40th Anniversary

• Members

I don't understand the obsession with Victor. Every woman on the show wants him, wants to marry him, wants to have his children, fighting over and stealing his frozen load etc.......the dude is nearly 80, is abusive, and his face looks like an old catchers mitt.

This crap is totally laughable. They try to make him this all might stud. I crack up when they have him lose his temper and breaks pencils and starts yelling " I will crush you"

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Liz's death was fine, but no funeral was the REAL problem. I wanted a funeral, I wanted to grieve, dammit. I've heard rumors that the SL was abbreviatd because Haselhoff was too damn drunk to remember his lines, if that was the case, just get Bill Espy to do it and have it turn out right! Then they dig up Wings Hauser who looked like a hobo that just fell off the caboose of Union Pacific.

• Members

I never cared for either one of those two. Wings is just a weird looking and acting dude. I was surprised he was cast on the show. I read blurbs over the years where he kind of trashes Y&R. He said something like "I learned to never do a soap again EVER" and there was another that said he joined the cast of Y&R for 4 years where he felt like he died career wise".

He looked strung out when he appeared a few years ago. His hands were shaking.

Hasselhoff is just a joke and I don't have the time to due a complete bashing of him and his acting abilities.

• Members

for me it's all about Jeanne Cooper. She's the longest running member of the show and they should do an episode or two filled with flashbacks of her life. the good the bad and the ugly. I know they did flashbacks a few years ago when she was writing her book but i want more. They could do so many more flashbacks. She's led a good life in genoa City. Have her do a Viki Buchanan where she had a brain annureism and thinks it's 1973 (the year the show started). Then have Brock, Jill and Niki come to her and fill her in on her missing years filled with lots of flashbacks. Between her four husbands (Rex, Murphy, Philip and Derrick), she also had many other storylines like the homless one and Marge.

• Members

Katherine has been done to death over the last 4 years. If they're going to center the 40th Anniversary episode around one character (not that I necessarily think they should), it should be Jill. She's the only remaining original character and frankly I think they owe it to Jess Walton after the way she was treated by the last two regimes (plus, Walton can actually still act).

• Members

Probably for philanthropy and/or charitable work. Katherine was mostly a society dame and when you read about them, that's about ALL they do.

I would have also had John Abbott get a posthumous award for business.

By celebrating both figures, it could've become more of a 'big tent' storyline which would've been far more inclusive of more characters, rather than the all Newman all the time storyline of Victor's rise (again) from the ashes.

Archived