AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hrmm. Not sure, but there is no doubt that the Linda Dano story didn't work, IMHO. Sure, Myrtle is beloved, but after her appearance on AMC, there was no real reason for AMC viewers to follow her to OLTL. Sky hadn't been on AMC for a while (and the replacement Sky we had gotten before was fairly well liked, I believe--granted she was the first Sky Iknew well), and I don't even remember if Sky made an appearance on AMC leading up to her moving to OLTL--not that I remember. It seemed like when Angie joined Loving and yet should have spent a few weeks at AMC first to actually get viewers interested in following her to a new show (or in many cases, I suspect, even aware that she WAS going to a different show.) And then of course there just was the execution--maybe all those shows was too much to handle, but it made the AMC/OLTL babyswitch in comparison look like the best soap story of all time.

• Members
Robin Christopher didnt appear on AMC before joining OLTL. Her one and only AMC appearance post-leaving AMC in 1991 was after Stuart's funeral. She found out about his death in the newspaper and showed up after the funeral to blast the family for not telling her

• Members

I had always hoped that it would've been reveald that Skye was in deed the daughter of Grete/Rae and Adam as a result of tryst, while is married to Skye's adopted mom. Somehow Adam could've coerced Rae into giving him and his wife the child. Skye being around for the end of the show could've had so much possibilities. Just think if Skye stepped into running Chandler Enterprises and her sibling battles with JR. Could have made for some interesting and entertaining viewing.

• Members

$(KGrHqF,!p8E63ZwgZ(3BOyq9YVnjw~~60_12.JPG

You gotta love the tabloids! laugh.png This was their cover story back in 2000. The story was actually about Erica's daughter being gay.

Commentary from Liza Huber: "Liza Huber is used to seeing mother Susan Lucci (Erica, ALL MY CHILDREN) in the press. But Huber will never forget the Star headline: "Susan Lucci's Gay Shocker." She chuckles, "It was the funniest thing. My friends were calling me, laughing." Still, Huber loves the storyline of Erica's lesbian daughter. "It's great because that is certainly something people deal with, and it's not addressed that much in daytime television." Huber adores her mom's on-screen daughter. "I have been able to spend some time with Eden [Riegel, Bianca]. She's a great girl. Whenever I'm in New Tork and we're at functions together, we always hang out. She's a really genuine girl. She's always been supportive on my mother, which is nice to see."