AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know Deadline is reporting that PP is supposedly STILL trying to get AMC and OLTL on the air. That surpised me, tbh, because I thought the rights to the show reverted back to ABC earlier this fall.

As we all know, AMC ended with the assumption that JR was opening fire into a crowded party. In light of what just happened in Connecticut, would you WANT to see AMC come back, knowing that's how it ended? Obviously any return of AMC would be months from now, but debating who JR shot seems kind of morbid right now. I realize these are fictional characters and not real people, but debating who should be on a revamped AMC and who should be declared killed off by JR seems wrong to me at the moment.

• Members

As long as they didn't go all Moldavia and open with a bunch of bodies sprawled about Adam's parlor, I think they'd be okay. Firstly, I would want them to acknowledge the passage of time anyway, which they could convey very well with just audio of shots and screams in somebody's memory. The show could even open with J.R. in an asylum or something. Wow, so funny to even be talking about the, er, prospects again. :lol: Then of course it raises all these questions like, would J.R. even be on the canvas any longer, would JY leave B&B to come back (doubt it), would they kill off or recast J.R. (Mark Lawson still gets my vote), et cetera?

• Members

ITA, if only one person were shot and they open the show up months later, I'd be perfectly fine with it. My vote is for Randi to have been shot in the head, kept alive on life support long enough for the baby to be born via C-section and then taken off life support, leaving Frankie as a single father. I'd pick up the show on the day JR was released from Oak Haven with the focus on the other characters' reactions to his return.

• Members

Since I doubt David Canary would end his retirement and return to AMC, I say, let it be revealed that JR shot and killed Adam before being found inside the secret passageway and subdued; and that Stuart and Marian have left Pine Valley for a new life in England. Then, maybe down the line, Jennifer Bassey and Marian could return (as of if story dictates) with the explanation that Stuart, who never recovered from his brother's murder, passed away in his sleep.

• Members

Hmmm... that's interesting, and a strong choice that could be reversed down the line if DC ever wanted to make an appearance... which I would hope for. Any sort of tragedy/trauma in the Chandler family could explain their absence. Adam and Brooke had already begun a new life out of town anyway. Honestly, I'd rather J.R. just shot himself (not even fatally) and an alive and happy (yet traumatized/grieving) Adam and Stuart left town with their wives.