AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh, I forgot about that appearance on the Emmys. Just as I forgot about that other cameo she did for TLC's "Trading Spaces." (I tell you, the look on Paige Davis' face when Rae showed up wondering if Hildi had used the Bible as wallpaper for her team's house....)

• Members

I think that Myrtil should have been the mother of Gretel AND that Laura on General Hospital should have been been the daughter of Gretel. Myrtil's neice was Ceara, and the same actress played both Laura and Ceara (Genie Ann Frances). That Laura and Ceara looked so similar could have been explaned genetically had this story been written at the time.

• Members

I don't think I would like the idea of GH's Dr. Lesley Webber not being Laura's biological mother, especially when longtime GH fans are aware of the hell Lesley went through just to locate Laura after being out of her life for so long. I'd come closer to accepting that Ceara's father and Laura's bio dad, Prof. Gordon Grey, were half-brothers, or that Lesley and Ceara's mother were half-sisters. But really, was it absolutely necessary to rewrite so much history on three separate soaps for a character (Gretel Rae) who was supporting BITD and never had that much of an impact on the history? IMO, all this ret-conning and revising of Skye's origins is something you do for the likes of Judith Light.

• Members

I think the whole Gretel Rae/Sky story was a good concept but not with those characters. Instead of Gretel they should of had a character with some significance like Karen on OLTL and instead of Sky they could have used a newer character on AMC or a character that had less significance but one for quite some time. Maybe they should have picked Karen being the mother and Greenlee being the daughter since Greenlee was new at the time. I would have loved to see Greenlee at the Q thanksgiving episode back in 2001 instead of Sky! Also, the fact that Jackson was not yet revealed to be the father of Greenlee until 2004(?) and to the best of my knowledge that did not damage either characters too much so stating that the father was Allen still could have worked. Also, I would love to see Karen the Hooker VS Tracey the Spoiled Brat!