AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm almost positive that I saw the following episode so it's interesting to me that they didn't have even one character say something like, "Did you see Janet with the guard as we were walking out?" or whatever. Seems like a pretty important detail to just gloss over, but a nice detail nevertheless. I think it's been said that Melody mentioned playing Janet that one time in an interview, but I don't know if that's true. That kind of sounds like her voice, whoever that was doing the voiceover. But I was thinking that was a stand-in too, unless they just thought showing her from behind was more dramatic (which it was). We get the iconic Janet image and perhaps seeing Melody's face as Janet for the first and last time may have been unnecessary and even a little distracting.

Somebody ask Melody on Facebook/Linkedin! :D

• Members

Off Topic Question but why did Agnes sell amc/oltl? I know she did not have a distributor such as screen gems, which is what the Bell family used along with the Corday's, so was it financial issues? If it had to do with the fact that she couldn't do the distribution why didn't she have someone like screen gems do that part for her? If she did I wonder what the condition of OLTL/AMC would be in today or at least during the final years.

• Members

Pretty much. Before Agnes Nixon sold ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE to the network, her company, Creative Horizons, Inc., was virtually responsible for both shows' operating costs, with ABC providing the licensing fees (I think). However, the longer they stayed on-air, the more cost-prohibitive they became for her and for the company. It's the same reason why Claire Labine and Paul Avila Mayer sold RYAN'S HOPE to ABC as well in 1979.

Edited by Khan