AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The story was so unbearably depressing. I think the show did this to explain why she kidnapped Maddie, but none of this, this or the kidnapping, was ever needed. There was a lot of backlash at the time, but I've always wondered how much was fan anger at Erica and how much was just distaste over the storyline and the regression (if you can even call it a regression, as Erica didn't do anything like this in her wilder years).

• Members

Yes, it was depressing, and the whole role Skye played in it infuriated me. Erica had known Skye for YEARS, and they'd been friends during the Jonathan Kinder storyline, so her sabotaging the paternity test, just to try to get closer to Edmund was such crap. She knew she was going to wreck Erica's marriage, but she did it anyway.

I would have much preferred that Erica get knocked up in 1994 or so when she was back and forth between Dimitri and Jack and not know who the father was. That would have had far more dramatic potential, and it was something that would have been actually in character for Erica. In that sort of scenario, I could see her being unsure of who or what she wanted, but knowing that she wanted the baby no matter what. I could see both men actively pursuing her and even more possessive around her because of the pregnancy. I could see Bianca throwing a hissy fit over her mother being pregnant, and Travis being furious that she might be having Jack's baby given the history. Plus SMG's Kendall was still on the canvas at the time, and it would have been interesting to watch bitter angry Kendall see Erica rejoicing in a pregnancy and doting on her new baby. Oh, and if Dimitri thought the baby was his, I could see him trying to woo Erica back to Wildwind, where a bitter infertile Maria is pissed that Erica just up and got pregnant and doesn't know who the father is. That is a story I would have loved to see.

• Members

I, for one, would absolutely not want this to be the result of the cliffhanger - just too damn sad. I would prefer that JR attempted to shoot the room up, but was caught and stopped, and entered Oakhaven - the show could start with him coming back to Pine Valley. Brooke, Adam, Marian and Stuart have moved to Pigeon Hollow, and could always come for a visit - after all Brooke owns Chandler Mansion.

• Members

Maybe it was a premonition or maybe SL was ever so subconsciously tipping her hand, but I was very surprised when an ecstatic Erica told Dimitri that she was pregnant and I didn't quite believe/accept it. The miscarriage wasn't a surprise to me. I think it was a crap way to build up to the kidnapping which was way more Janet Green/Helena Cassadine territory (if not played in an off-Broadway poetic style like Grace Kiefer). Erica would just torture Maria. I did however enjoy the scene where Erica finally came clean to Maria. Susan did some very nice work.

• Members

I think I'm distracted more by the sight of Erica catfighting with a woman half her age and young enough to be her daughter. But at least what she's wearing is more age-appropriate, IMO, than the parade of endless, strapless, sleeveless numbers that seemed to define La Kane in ALL MY CHILDREN's final years.