AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To me though GG's Bianca was just a continuation of the Bianca we saw at age 4 - spoiled, self-centered, determined to have her way and be the center of Erica and Travis' universe. I hated Lacy Chabert as Bianca because I thought she was too innocent and sweet. Remember, this is the same child who engaged in every bit of manipulation she could to keep her parents together, and then set her dollhouse on fire because she saw her mother kiss her uncle. And granted, a divorce and witnessing a kiss like that would scar any child, but still, to me, GG's Bianca was very in-character.

Unfortunately, Gina Gallagher was WAY old to be playing Bianca at the age Bianca was supposed to be. I think she was something like 16 by the time Erica had her wedding-day miscarriage with Dimitri. They really had no choice but to recast for the anorexia storyline because Gina was just too grown up looking.

I know everyone thinks of Eden Riegel as THE Bianca Montgomery, but to me, she spun the character off in a totally different direction with her being the sweet, nice, anti-Erica. I know it was done to make her more acceptable - Agnes reportedly thought that an openly lesbian character could be accepted if she was Erica Kane's daughter and if she was a genuinely likeable character. Apparently in 2000, one could not be a lesbian AND a bitch. :/

I would have preferred to see Bianca, lesbian or not, as a snotty, selfish, bitchy young woman.

• Members

Honestly, I don't think there was ever a Bianca that I was wild about. The baby and CBL were probably my favorite. I liked the quiet strength and sophistication CBL brought to the role in inheriting the direction of ER's Bianca (who I found a bit whiney and grating and a little too perfect). CBL firmly established that sort of Cassie/Dorian-like relationship with Bianca and Erica which I was fine with, but with goody two shoes characters like that, it's only a matter of time before they get written out, brought back again four years later, written out...

I think NP was the most surprising casting choice for Bianca. Her first day, I remember thinking, "Oh.huh.png Okay. So this is where they're going with Bianca now?" Her personality was entirely different, and yes, although I don't think GG was that old, they definitely de-aged, de-matured her.

• Members

I think it would've been more interesting if Bianca was selfish & bitchy too. Imagine if she was the slutty lesbian type. I would've LOVED watching Erica in a frenzy trying to dodge all the bullets Bianca would bring home from ConFusion or The Comeback and Bianca being like "Ugh! Stay out of my life Mom."

I love when the Kane women are close & all about love/Kane power but I wish there had been more angst over the years. Like right now I'm kinda loving Kendall in these repeat episodes totally LOATHING Bianca for what her, Reese & Zach did behind her back. She just told Bianca she would go to her wedding if her & Reese packed their bags & left PV right after. LOL.

And I'll never, ever understand why Kendall didn't give Erica hell for being with Ryan! I still don't buy that she was completely fine with that. What a wasted opportunity for some fierce Erica/Kendall scenes.

Thank god for these repeats. Kendall actually was told she was given Josh's heart (not sure why I thought she never knew, LOL), but it was right after she woke up from the coma and Zach told her really quickly that "Josh died." No elaboration was made and It was NEVER talked about again after that. She still doesn't know Zach was the one who killed him. Annoying!

• Members

Yeah, it would have been interesting if Bianca had stayed a bitch. I guess we were to believe she matured with age, but they could have always put on a nice lesbian for contrast. LOL

I remember the Bianca - Caroline Wilde - who burned her "Mommy" and "Uncle Jack" dolls was a little bitch. ha!

Lacey Chabert's Bianca was sweet? I honestly don't remember much of her.

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

Susan is so good in that clip, the way Erica handles Bianca later in the scene. What happened to not seeing the bride before the wedding? The look on Dimitri's face when Jack shows up is hilarious.

"When this wedding is over, you are in BIG trouble."

"Shut up."

"CAN IT! I MEAN it!"

Edited by SFK

• Members

That scene with the ink on the dress and the scenes where Kendall tells Erica who she really is and Erica refuses to believe her and nearly takes her head off... Susan Lucci SCARES me in those scenes! unsure.png You know from watching it that she has given more than her share of "evil mom" stares when her kids were screaming and beating each other up. ohmy.png