AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

Here's my scenario: Rae, as established, got pregnant while in college and had her baby at the Fannie Battle Home for Unwed Mothers (per SoapCentral). Unfortunately, she learns her baby, a boy, died soon after birth, and that his death, the result of the physician's basic incompetency, was covered up. And the page from the Bible that supposedly named Skye as Rae's biological daughter? That was a complete forgery, thanks to Rae's ex-hubby, Daniel Faulkner.

Althea is, indeed, Skye's real and true biological mother. However, Althea feared her daughter might have been fathered by another man she was having an affair with. Ergo, in order to hide her infidelity, Althea checked herself into the same home as Rae, gave birth to her daughter (Skye), then basically adopted her own daughter. Yes, she passed off Skye as Adam's daughter anyway. However, Althea reasoned, if Adam ever suspected that Skye was not really his, she created this scenario to throw him off-track.

(And the man who'd been sleeping with Althea...? Edward Quartermaine. Or, Palmer Cortlandt. Whichever has more impact.)

Not a perfect scenario, but one that works with established history, for the most part, and restores Skye back to being a full-blooded Chandler w/o having people behaving completely OOC.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, that was already ridiculous, as she was apparently having sex around the same time with Alan, Adam, another man, Tony Jones (?), and someone else who was on OLTL briefly. Then Stuart, who was homicidal at that time. It's going to turn into that old SNL sketch where Gilda Radner invited homeless men up to her room for sex and cheap beer.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members
It was revealed. The entire basis of her going to GH was to make it Alan. The current uncertainity about her paternity is a retcon that happened years later but definetly was not a part of the original storyline which had Rae crossing over. FYI, She crossed over to 4 shows, not 3

• Members

And don't forget poor Jessica to Victoria and Clint Buchanan on One Life to Live. We assume for the first 14 (well 18 in soap land) years of her life that she was the prize daughter of Viki and Clint. then in 2001 they made it that Alison Perkins switched the babies and Jessica was not Clint and Viki's...Natalie was. Then in 2002 they decide to make Jessica and Natalie twins by different fathers...still not Clint's daughter. Then in 2012 on the final episode they finally made Jessica Viki and Clint's daughter again.

I'm just glad Ske mentioned Pine Valley.

• Members

I really like this! And it sounds very soapy believable. It gives never seen Althea three dimensions, and I'm imagining her as this sort of Tudi Wiggins-type actress. Constance McCashin would have made for a good Althea had the character lived.

• Members

Actually, SFK, I think McCashin would have been perfect on ALL MY CHILDREN as Brooke's long-lost half-sister, either by Ed English (with another woman), or by her mother. Just imagine, too, if her character had hooked up with Tom Cudahy or Tad Martin. ;)

• Members

She was on PC in her quest to find a desk that contained papers about who knocked her up. It was implied that Dr. Eve Lambert would be her daughter.

That was one of the reasons the story was panned at the time - Kelly Cramer, Eve Lambert, and Skye Chandler were not exactly in the same age group (Kelly was only supposed to be about 23-24 years old!).

• Members

Carl, you just beat me to it. I looked through old PC synopses and I finally stumbled upon the whole Rae/Eve thing. Had totally forgotten about that. Also mentioned was Lucy's hunch that Alan and Rae were more than just friends which of course paved the way for Alan/Rae/Skye.

• Members

I don't know why Rae's quest was limited to the ABCD soaps. She easily could have appeared on "The View," asking whether Elisabeth Hasselbeck was "the one"; or shown up on "Dharma & Greg," with a clue tying Dharma to the Fannie Battle Home.

I mean, the possibilities were endless.

rolleyes.gif