July 31 - August 4, 2006

Toups

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After weeks and nearly years of seeing Days suffer in ratings, it's great to see Days finally starting to get back into the spot where it belongs. I must say that I was excited to see JER return to the head writer's position; however, at this stage I am estatic to see him leave this position. Days has the potential to be a solid #2 soap averageing 1/2 million viewers behind Y&R, and weak #1 soap from time to time. With the rise in the ratings and confidence in the storylines, I'm sure Hogan will make this happen come this fall and into th 07 season! :D

• Members

I agree with you to a certain extent except for I have given all 5 of them up except for ATWT. It is the only one that I deem worthy of my limited time at the moment. I still think Days has life in it, but I am just not that crazy about Patch & Kayla and there is too much talk about the DiMera's returning. Those are 2 things that I just don't care about seeing. So I just quit before it happens, and I was fast forwarding the Patch & Kayla stuff too - so I just quit.

Y&R is good but just not my cup of tea anymore. OF the 5 it and ATWT are the best, but I just don't enjoy Y&R anymore. Got out of the habit of watching in the last 2 years, and just wasn't able to return.

I gave up on GL and B&B many months ago.

But overall out of all the other shows, men don't have too bad of taste.

• Members

I have pretty much given up on most soaps. ABC soaps are trash. ATWT/GL/B&B try to damn hard. Y&R bores me to tears, and DAYS is hot and cold.

The only soap I watch every day is Passions. At least with Passions you know what to expect. It's not Y&R or GH and thank God for that, because for one hour a day I can be entertained without thinking to myself how good "insert soap name" used to be or could be.

• Members

I agree. I gave up on watching soaps. I only read the updates on the web and then read stuff on the board to see what other people thought. Normally, I watch ATWT, B&B, and GL, but they're all so boring now. I understand about them trying too hard. They act like they're these hip shows, but that's not what they should be. They've all lost touch w/ themselves, which is such a shame. I'm sorry, but I just have to tune out. I'm shocked that people are enjoying them, esp. ATWT, now b/c they're all trash IMO. I hate what's become of them. Like you said about how you don't have to worry about what "used to be" w/ Passions, that's exactly what's making me tune out. I can't help but think of how much better my soaps used to be. I just can't watch them now. Maybe in a few months, I'll start again. I'm sure I will, but for now I'm not watching any. :( I had to take a break. It wasn't enjoyable to watch any of them.

We just got SoapNet, but I have absolutely no desire to watch any of the current soaps on it. I've always found Y&R to be too boring. The ABC soaps are SO bad now. And I tried watching Days, but it's not my thing. So yeah...soaps are just awful now. The genre is in a lot of trouble now. I've never seen it where all daytime soaps across the board were this bad.

• Members

Great post! and music taste ;)

Have you tried watching Passions? You will laugh, roll your eyes, and curse, but you'll be entertained :lol:

Stevie Poo, I had you watching Passions at one point. Give it one more try.

Since Vendetta came to an end the show has been on fire. :D Alistair, Beth, Lena, Maya are all gone and there's a slew of new stories taking form.

Paloma and Fancy are cadets in training to become Police officers, and it's hilarious, Julian is about to do battle with Theresa for joint custody of Little Ethan. Pilar gets shot next week when she catches Spike robbing the mansion. TC had a stroke while driving drunk and Eve is taking care of him. Siren slept with Fox. Miguel realized he loves Kay. Endora is as cute as ever, and last but not least... The Carnival starts this week, and Siren is exposed as a mermaid.

• Members

Rick, I may start back watching it some day, but right now I am enjoying watching Law & Order every day at that time. It comes on TNT from 1:00 to 3:00 everyday. It has always been one of my favorite shows. I always skipped it before, because I watched Passions or One Life To Live and Days of Our Lives during that time period.

I gave up OLTL and Passions at the same time and started watching one of the hours. And then after Patch & Kayla returned, and Days just didn't really pick up, I quit it and started watching the 2nd hour too. I also quit taping GH during that time.

I will probably go back to Days and Passions and maybe even OLTL some day, but right now there is just nothing there for me. I know that many have said Passions has gotten better, but the whole soap scene has just disappointed me so bad this year. It will take alot for me to start back watching any of them. Even Hogan is going to have a hard time getting me back to Days. And I love JER and glad he is just on Passions but even that is not enough to lure me back.

I have watched soap operas since 1969/1970. My mom always told me I watched before that but I don't remember any before that. I started out this year watching / taping 7 of the current 9 soaps, plus watching reruns of AW on SoapNet. I now watch AW abt 3 days a week, and only ATWT of the current soaps. I never thought that I would do that.

Just keep me up to date from time to time on Passions. I read the threads about it, and like I said I may go back some day. Right now I am just enjoying the great stories on Law & Order, and seeing soap stars in some nice roles, and lots of former soap stars too each day.

• Members

I actually used to watch Passions from the beginning until the time when Julian was "murdered". It was a big hit at my school, so I thought it was cooler than watching ATWT (which I still watched anyway, but never admitted to). I read that book that they had out too.

Anyway, I stopped watching it, though, b/c they were dragging the storylines out way too much. It took over two months for one day to end. :rolleyes:

If I had the time, I'd probably watch it more. But I'm not even watching the soaps that I normally would watch no matter what. I guess I just need a break from soaps for the time-being.

Archived