Potential GH Cast Cuts

• Members

What a disgrace!

Alcazar, Liz and Lucky are big reasons why I tune in every day.

WHY must they get rid of interesting characters and keep shits like Carly and Emily on this show?

-With Liz gone I don't think we will EVER see Audrey again.

Ted leaving could also mean Robin Christopher might follow. :(

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Exactly. Actors get released from their contracts all the time. I remember WK re-signed a couple years ago, and months later, TPTB placed him on recurring. Not to mention Kari W. and Jenny B. both had contracts as well...Shaun B. and Amy G. too. And I'm sure there are a bunch of others.

I'd be surprised to see BH go. I figured she was a lifer.

TK? The rumors have been around forever, but it looks like his scenes with FH have been pulled, and now Lorenzo is going up against Sonny/Jason...again. I could see him being killed off.

WorldTurnsatGH, I wouldn't worry too much about Robin Christopher. TPTB would be stupid to let her go right after she returns from maternity leave.

• Members

A point a smart individual elsewhere brought up to me: GH would cut BH, GV, and TK...but hire back a writer (and the mags do refer to Pratt as "former" and gone) who costs a pretty penny?

I don't buy this.

Yes, I am sure budget woes will impact GH and cuts are inevitable. But this scenario just contradicts the very reason for the cuts.

• Members

With the sinking ratings, I can believe budget cuts are necessary...but I do have trouble thinking that they'd cut Lucky Spencer...if only because of ties they aren't using, like Luke, Nikolas, Lulu, etc.

• Members

I really hope this isn't true. Tomorrow, Becky celebrates 9 years on General Hospital. In this day and age, it's becoming very rare for actors to remain that long on a single soap for consecutive years.

But as sad I would be to see Becky, Greg and Ted go, I think Pratt returning would be much worse. Soap Gods: HELP US!

• Members

Frankly, the only character out of the bunch that I say they should keep is Lucky. Now, second from that is Liz (even though I can't stand the smirking self righteous !@#$%^&*]...she is better than Emily, but not better than Robin)...she is a Hardy and the only tie to the show's beginning--Becky has a loyal fanbase, but so did Chad Brannon...soo anywho. As for Alcazar, I never saw a reason for the Watered Down Stefan to be on the show anyway...adios to both Alcazar and TK.

• Members

I am a huge General Hospital fan and its the reason i started watching an soap. If they got rid of Liz that would just alienate more viewers. She is apart of a core family that has been on GH since the beginning. And i would have to agree that if Liz went we would never see Audrey.

• Members

I watched a few episodes of GH over the weekend and what a mess. Pratt coming back is gonna be worse. I seriously doubt they would axe Lucky or Liz or even Lorenzo for that matter. When I watch a ABC soap, I have never felt like I'm watching characters, I watching people just standing around giving overrated and overacted performances to crappy crappy writing. There are a few actors who standout, but not many and most of them came from CBS which I find really odd. And one of the reasons why I think GH may pull PC is the writing. There is way way too much filler crap that is pointless and their stories move pretty quickly. They have killed off all of the actors that have left or been axed so far and that's a really good indication they are trimming the fat because they are changing GH's format. Yes change is due for this show, but for the fans sake I hope it works cause the show looks and feels burnt out.

• Members

If the rumors of Tony Geary retiring from GH is true, then it would make more sense for Genie to return for two weeks to usher him off the screen. That would solve probably half of the budget constraints.

I could see Rebecca Herbst and Greg Vaughan being axed, but I don't know why they can't write a good story for either one of them. I hate Liz's smugness and self-righteous attitude, but she is still more tolerable than Emily or even Robin.

As for Ted King, I like him. But his character really serves no purpose.

• Members

Out of the three i can only really see TK going. To me he is the most pointless. Yes Liz carries herself like she is better than all, but she has history. TK has not had any good stories lately and there really is no serious history and the history he has was with either Sonny and the Organization or Carly. They attempted to pair him with Robin Christopher but because of her maternity leave that had to be scrapped, or pushed back. I don't doubt TK talent, he just serves no real purpose on the show right now, except to take up room, IMO.

• Members

There are many of us who do love Ted King. GH put him in the putrid baby story because RC was pregnant. I doubt this would have happened if KW weren't suing saying she was fired because she was pregnant. I think RC would have been walking around with a large tote bag in front of her belly like she did the last time she was pregnant.

Lorenzo is a very rich and layered character and a central figure to the mob canvas. He is definitely one character who can carry a storyline and be a central figure to GH if Frons/Phelps and the writers have enough guts to write for Ted King. He is definitely not a second tier character or actor.

Also, I'm sorry but I don't believe those rumors at all. Those actors are certainly not who GH would let go or put on recurring. Sorry, but the vets who are almost never on that are on contract would most likely be the ones to go on recurring: Ingle, Charleson, Damon, Zeman, York, Elliott and Cash. It makes much more sense to take them off contract and put them on recurring.

• Members

Sonny was never diagnosed with any mental illness till this year. The hinted at it but it was never fully explored. But yes his stories are redundant. Its always the same crap.

They use Becky quite a bit. She's been getting more and more airtime over the past few months which makes this rumor make even less sense. It seems as if they are gearing up for a Liason reunion so why build it up only to not do anything with it? Oh yea, that was Guza's M.O. back in 2002

• Members

GH should drop Ignacio Serrichio(Diego), Kelly Monaco(Sam), Rick Hearst(Ric), maybe Lindze Letherman(Georgie) and Kirsten Storms(Maxie). I wouldn't mind it if Ted King(Lorenzo) was axed unless they have Alcazar to leave the mob and be the man he should be for Skye and their baby.

Archived