Potential GH Cast Cuts

• Members

Many of you know that I have some connections in the industry, I've made no secret of it in the past. I have some information about GH to share. First, despite rumors, Guza appears to be staying. Pratt will be returning to join him shortly. The worse news? BIG budget cuts, and because of that, cast cuts. Don't shoot the messenger, but it's looking like Ted King, Greg Vaughan, and Rebecca Herbst will go this fall, the latter two departing with Genie Francis. The kicker is Rebecca is on the list because TPTB think that Robin and Liz are "redundant."

If you are a fan of any of these three, now is the time to show your support.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If that's the case then I can totally see GH doing a Port Charles and doing 13 week story arcs. They already revolve around a handful of characters anyway and it's the same crap day in and day out. If AMC's new look stays then I see this as a good possibility. There really arn't any core families besides the quartermaines on the show anyway.

• Members

This is what I know as fact:

The magazines refer to Charles Pratt Jr. as Former Co-Head Writer

Elizabeth Korte is being called the "Associate Head Writer" (and someone on cast called her that too)

This is what I believe:

There is no way in hell that they would fire Greg Vaughn and Rebecca Herbst and give them an exit with Genie Francis. If the show was going to fire Becky, they would have done it a long time ago.

I doubt Ted King is going anywhere, especially since he inked a new deal this past year (or late last year)

• Administrator

Associate Head Writers are breakdown writers.

In Korte's case though, she's more than just an associate/breakdown writer. She is also the script/story editor and has more power than GH's other associate writers (Conforti, Golf, Goldshmid). That's why she sometimes does the previews for SOD/SOW.

Thanks for the awful news Carolyn. :(

• Members

That doesn't make him safe. Yeah he signed a new contract in May of 2005 but that doesn't make him untouchable especially since they have had hardly used him. Not that it makes me sad. Lorenzo is a boring character and TK sucks. I am glad they don't use him and that is why they should get rid of him.

• Members

Why don't they just get rid of their AWFUL EP/Headwriter and try and FIX the show?! The ratings get lower and lower, which is the reason for any budget cuts. Shouldn't they want to address that before anything?

Brian Frons should be fired for letting his personal friendships with people prevent him from doing his job.

• Members

Exactly! Wasn't Sonny already diagnosed with bi-polar disorder a few years ago? Talk about redundant.

They should think of the money they'd save by getting rid of Maurice. I'm sure he gets paid the most (except for maybe Tony Geary) of the entire cast.

Archived