19 Ways to be a good Democrat

Kwing42

• Members

I'm not going to stray off-topic. Most of those were really funny. I used to consider myself to be very liberal, but now I don't give a damn about politics. I have my own beliefs, and that's all that matters to me.

Still, I disagree strongly w/ #1 and 6.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To all of those that saw this post for what it was....humor, thanks for acknowledging that. For those that had to get on a soap box and condem my post, look at my mature response to your "attack" on my beliefs.

Good lord, try to find some humor in life. If not, it will make you petty and evil...and we do not need that.

As for aborotion, since it was taken off topic...I really have no opinion. I think it should be a choice between the mother and father of the unborn....if the dad is not around....so be it.

BUT what if the dad is around and both were careless and not use protection and the dad wants the baby....does he have no say? Thast what I find appauling. Its not a mans fault that we were not created with the baby parts needed to carry a baby to term, but we are punished if we want the child?

So it is a womans right to chose to abort, but a father has no say if he wants to raise it. Yet if the dad does not want to raise it and the mother keeps it.....too bad, you pay child support. So if the dad wants to be a good person and raise the child and the mother says no...TOO BAD...the man loses on his precious unborn child. But if the mother chooses..the dad is not ready, or whatever....to be a dad...too bad, you are paying for it.

I guess I just do not get it. But I do not have an opinion as I am married and would never want or ask my wife to abort a precious child...especially after haivng out baby girl on April 30....but I do not think I could FORCE anyone to believe my way or not..

• Members

You have a point there. I could argue that with one situation, the "victim" is completely innocent, no questions asked, and the other, the "victim" may not be innocent, though studies suggest several who have been executed may have been victims of "the system" and actually were innocent. I can't reconcile my pro-Capital Punishment stance (regarding the age-old capital punishment/abortion arguments), but I can confidently separate the two issues and recognize one for what I believe is a no-questions-asked assault on humankind, and really, a form of "fetus discrimination."

• Members

Kwing, more neo-con Republican crap. Sorry all Democrats aren't against capital punishment. I'm not. I'm all for the death penalty for murder, child molestors, spying, & terrorism.

Also Hillary Clinton is normal and a nice person.

Not gonna validate the rest of your post Kwing with anymore argument.

• Members

Political threads, even the humorous ones, are black clouds hanging over SON.

And I don't believe this thread was started with good intentions.

But neither was the other one.

So, who cares?

The end.

• Members

Dude, next time I read one title of another thread like this, I'm not even gonna open it. I know it's supposed to be funny, but when has politics ever NOT rubbed someone the wrong way?

• Members

LOL

Thats the problem with this place..no one can joke.

The republiacn thread was started first, and although I took it for what it was supposed to be...HUMOR...the poster and others like to believe it like the gospel according to St. Liberal.

I posted mine because well, one good turn deserves another ..correct? Or can we ONLY base jokes AGAINST one party?

Good grief people..it was humor. Just because it was aimed at your allmighty beliefs does not mean it was intentionally out to hurt you. Was I offended by the other post? Heck no, its humor, not based on facts and just as crazy as mine.

• Members

I find it funny too that no one can laugh.

As to some of the comments made - once again speaking as an total independant who hates both the current parties, I can say that I disagree about Hillary Clinton being okay or whatever. I would never give my vote to her. I do not trust her whatsoever. The same for Bill, Jesse Jackson or Al Gore, Ted Kennedy or even Al Sharpton. And never would I vote for John Kerry. I can say the same on the republican side as I would never vote for George W. Bush, Newt Gingrich, Bob Dole, Bill Frist and several others. There are so many of the front runners and party leaders that I just don't trust at all. And feel do more harm than good ever.

As to the comment about the death penalty and abortion. As an independant I do not agree with abortion except for in certain situations. But I totally support the death penalty. It is a belief that I have based on the way I see the person put to death. I find one innocent and one guilty. I know why I believe what I do. And I feel that way despite my political feelings.

One other big political issue for me is: I am in total support of gun control.

Another issue for me is: I support gay marriage.

So some of my chief beliefs are not supported fully by any party, because certain of them throw me out of one or the other. So I am fully independant.

As to the whole political situation, I wish and long for the days when parties were divided by the economical class they were supposed to represent. Before Democrats were supposed to be for the common man while the Republican Party was for the rich man. Those days are long gone. Both parties are only out for themselves and what they can get. Party lines now are divided mostly on moral issues. It is sad that the political situation has made it such. And also sad that the parties allowed it to happen.

I feel a complete overhaul needs to be made. And some key changes needs to be that elected officials have no control over how much money they are paid, what their benefits are, retirement, etc. No one should ever be allowed to give themselves a raise. It is sad that a person elected to office can serve a few terms and retire making much much more then the majority of the constituents that he was chosen to represent.

Also the biggest thing is that lobbyists need to be done away with. It opens up too much the possibility of corruption. And the lobbyists have gotten way too out of hand.

Well I'll step off the soapbox now. LOL

• Members

I'm happy to be a Democrat too! All sarcasm aside, I support abortion, capital punishment, adore Hillary, regulatig big business, health care for and all other lefty stances. :) It makes me damn proud to be an American! ;)

• Members

Here's my full list:

I am proud of each one and proud to say I am DEFINITELY NOT Republican or Democrat (it would leave a bad taste in my mouth to be either one in this day or time but respect those who are one or the other):

I don't support abortion (except for certain circumstances)

I am very much in favor of capital punishment

I very highly support gun control

I very highly support the war in Iraq and our troops (but I understand why others don't)

I very highly support health care reform

I very highly support control of big business

I highly support gay marriage

And as I said before I want a ban on lobbyists and special interest groups

And I am proud to say that I did not vote for Bush or Kerry. And if Kerry or Hillary are the Democratic nominees this time I would not support either one of them. Most likely one of the Independants that I most agree with will get my vote, because I don't like any of the Republican front runners either.

I do vote for Republican or Democrat contenders but have not voted for any of the Presidential ones in quite a while. The last Democratic candidate I voted for was Carter, and the last Republican was Reagan.

But I will say this in closing. Even though I do not vote for a candidate, when they become my President they do get my support simply because of the office they hold. I respect the office whether I believe in the person or not. That is they way my grandfather taught me many years ago. I think that is what we have gotten so far away with in the US and among party lines. Everything has become about the Party and not about the office they hold. And sadly that is why our Country is in the shape it is in today. It is all about what party can get the most victories and how often they can stick it to each other. It is damn the issues or damn what it might do to the country - just as long as we come out on top. Or just as long as we get the vote in the end.

I don't like Bush but as long as he is my President the office will get my support and respect. Sorry if that seems stupid to others but that is the way I was raised, and that is the way I am.

• Members

Steve, I applaud what you said. I am the same way. If I did not vote for someone, and they win, too bad for me, they are my President/Senator..whatever and I will support them and respect them. That is one thing that we lost track of in this country is respect of others.

I will say, people who are complaining about my "joke" thread, but appreciate the other one...I edited mine to take out offensive jokes that were in that joke...so even I have a heart..but then again, I am not out here to rip people apart.

Q Steph--Capital Punishment is a "righty" issue, but glad you agree with it!

Archived