Days: Actor Leaving!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Urg that's right and it is terrible. This whole writing out J&M is sucky. If they don't have to have a big story, fine, don't keep them off the canvas. What's worst is that they are not going to get paid. I think it is insulting.

And I would hardly considering John and Marlena equal to Sonny Corinthos. One, they are not on every episode, even when they have a big episode, they NEVER dominate the show, every storyline does NOT revolve around them and they hardly ever get their due.

• Members

I T A ....... don't do a thing for me. Fake in every way. Marlena is nothing like she started out and John never could kick his Roman persona that was fauxRoman. Drake's contract is until January 2008 but that is his agreement with Days and they have a say how long he actually stays is my understanding.

• Administrator

Every other day? Not even close!

Out of 106 episodes from Jan - May:

8. Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans Black) 64

12. Drake Hogestyn (John Black) 61

Drake's been on for 20 straight years and Deidre is DAYS' icon. I can't see Corday getting rid of D&D - they're one of his favorites!

• Members

Thank you so much for saying this. I can't believe how stupid they are either. And as I said in another post it would serve Corday or whoever made this decision (and I don't think JER did it since he was being fired) right if this cost them ratings and hurt the big return of Patch and Kayla. Of course with JER being hated by so many if it does go bad for Days he will get the blame even though most likely he had nothing to do with it.

• Members

Well, I can't see DAYS getting rid of her on its own, but I could see her leaving.

I know she's sad she's happy and will stay forever and stuff, but she did just divorce, her kids are still pretty young, and, MOST importantly, she and everyone else are destined to take a paycut.

• Members

Marlena hasn't had a decent story in years. She has worn herself out and Drake blah. It's time to give them a rest for a few years at least. When I think of the money they suckered out of the show for their pitiful contribution, it's doesn't balance at all. Days suffered and those who don't like these two suffered...jmo.

• Administrator

Well, Drake will definitely take the paycut. He knows he won't find another job anywhere else, plus he loves DAYS (even though he might not always like his stories). I see Drake staying with DAYS as long as DAYS wants him.

I think Dee will take a paycut too. I just don't see her pulling a Zimmer - refusing to take a paycut. I think she knows that this needs to happen with the new NBC contract.

Well she rocked during the SSK story. Her best story since 1997.

• Members

Well, the difference between KZ and DH is that Zimmer's contract wasn't up then, it was at a cycle rotation, and now DH's contract is up in August. So, she could walk unfortunately.

At the end of the day, I think both DH's will stay too. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about Dee.

• Members

I did enjoy seeing Marlena with WN and wished he had been a good first marriage and she decided to stay with him instead of fauxRoman. I'll never forgive John and only can overlook her because of the circumstances and I like her better. I'm still hoping that Belle is really Roman's child and we'll learn that someday. Marlena belong with Roman. But, if they do stay with J&M, I hope they are given a story more suited to their station in life now. There's plenty of good stories for their correct age group.

Archived