Days: Actor Leaving!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good I hope she does. Days could just focus on Belle, maybe bring JKJ back as Phillip and recast Shawn.

As for the J&M part of the article, I guess it makes sense to take them off to save money. I don't think there are going to be weddings so it is ok. They basically did this with Marlena the last two years. She has been off for long periods of time alot but Drake hasn't. I just think because there story was ended they didn't want to pay them big bucks just to to support family and be background characters, something J&M have never been. Makes sense to me even though it makes me a little mad. Marlena is a horrible mother though-she favortizes Belle so much it isn't funny.

• Members

Jason Cook has a pretty face but he still looks boyish. In another ten years when he fills out, if he has the talent, he will be one hot actor....imho. I hope he leaves Salem and there will be no recast. A Shawn and Belle story won't work with Jason and it surely won't be believable with a new actor. Bringing in a new actor after a spell might work the magic. But not one day Jason, next day stranger....nope, won't work. I hope that Claire is actually Philip's child anyway. A Philip recast would work better imho. The right actor to play Philip, though. A more mature man than Jay, in order to allow MM to show her strengths as an actress.

• Members

OMG we can't be THIS LUCKY can we????

This has been the best week, first confirmation that JER is out and NOW Jason Cook is finally leaving our screen.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No we can get a real actor!!

This is the best news, I hope Fath is the next to go!!

• Members

I suppose so ... lol. At least in the younger lady recast department (Martha Madison, Rachel Melvin and Ashley Benson) ... and hiring (Julie Pinson).

I'll hold out hope but I can't help but think of worst case scenarios. You know the old saying ... you can't appreciate what you have until it's gone?

• Members

Well folks that blind item by Michael Bruno said something like that one soap would be so different by the end of the year it would seem like a new one. Well if we keep loosing folks we are familiar with that may very well be Days of Our Lives.

Cook can't act that well all the time, but like one other poster said if they do recast all these roles so close together the show will definitely have a different look.

I am not sure I would recast Shawn, Phillip and Jennifer all that close together. But the stories may already be planned out and they need too. Who knows.

• Members

Madison, Melvin, Benson, the first Chelsea was good, Pinson, Darin Brooks, Ingle, James Scott. Even small roles like Sophie and Carrie's assistant, the D.A. People like that. The casting overall has improved a lot. DAYS will get someone really good for Shawn! The only bad person they have casted in three years, IMO, is Hutzler. I wish this DAYS casting department casted the teens the first time around. SOMETHING is different now, even if the casting director is the same. They have to have new blood over there in some way.

Oh, and speaking of re-casting, everyone should click on the link in my sig for my blog and vote on an Alan Harris re-cast. Even if you don't read it and never plan on clicking on the link again! :lol:

• Members

If Cook renewed because of the promise of Shimi then he is a fool and deserves to play the puppy that I am seeing. I've also never heard from a reliable source that Cook renewed because of Shimi. I think he renewed because he wanted the money.

• Members

KR is right-the Days casting department has been superb. They will most likely get newbies to replace the people they are losing unless they can get people cheap. They may get JKJ for Philip because he hasn't worked and may be affordable. I just hope they cut Fath now and make Judi Evans Adrienne. This has been a great week :) .

• Members

I'm not sure about that. I thought they couldn't continue Shelle without Kirsten Storms and they actually pulled it off very well with Martha. Now had Charity stayed on... :rolleyes:

As for J&M, I just have to wonder if the interim writing staff took one look at the story planned for the duo and just tossed it out. It makes more sense than just writing them off the canvas on a whim, although they haven't been happy in THREE FRICKIN' YEARS.

Archived