Days: Actor Leaving!!

• Members

I'm thinking that Days will probably make sure Drake and Deidre stay with the show now with Jason Cook and Missy Reeves leaving..Days is losing 1/2 of two of its major couples...Even with Patch and Kayla back, they can't lose drake and dee now..

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unless you have been on the show for ten plus years OR you are a fan favorite, then you can be re-casted successfully 9 times out of ten. JC is neither of those.

Dear Jason,

You are the weakest link, G'BYE!

Love,

KR

• Members

I have to say I'm a little sorry to see him go, but it's just as well. I loathed Shawn and Jason Cook's portrayal of him until he hooked up with Mimi last year. I think he has great chemistry with Farah Fath, and their initial pairing brought out the best in both of them. Oh well. Since it's clear Shimi wasn't meant to last in the end, it's just as well he leave.

• Members

I think Dee and Drake are to Days what Maurice Benard is for GH. Why should they be shoved down everyone's throat every other day? If I start watching again, I'll be happy to see Blondie and eye brow man gone from the screen.

• Members

And the news just keeps getting better and better!! I don't think Farah is all that bad. I just think Jason Cook sucks any potential from anyone who he shares scenes with... He's just there taking up space on the screen. He's just as bad as Austin Peck back in the day although JC doesn't stumble over his lines like AP. AP has improved over the years so I'll give some props. But I'm really glad that JC is leaving (sorry Shawn fans).

Maybe if Days can get a good actor to replace JC, the new actor will be able to give the character more depth. Personally, I'd like to see a few changes in Shawn's character. IMHO, he's a little too sanctimonious for me. I guess my bias is showing b/c I have never liked this version of Shawn (the actor or the character).

Can't wait to see what the new actor does with Shawn.... Great news!! :D

• Members

I am actually hoping they don't recast. Bring on a new improved version of Philip if they must keep him. Actually invest in telling a good story for Phelle with a strong actor and I'll buy it.

I am a little sad about Jason leaving because I did like Shelle somewhat but if he wants Shimi and is leaving because they are ending (hopefully) then Days really doesn't need a fair-weather friend like him.

As for Farah, please god - LEAVE!

• Members

Maybe Hogan will write out the Lockhart family..As much as i love Bonnie..her, mimi, and patrick are definitely expendable...If we are going to lose cast members i hope its them...and add roman to that list and i'll be happy..

then bring Judi back as Adrienne..and we can have the johnson family..

• Members

I never warmed up to Judi Evans playing Bonnie....I always thought she should be playing Adrienne....It would be wonderful for her to return in that role and possibly bring back Justin....

I also really like Vivian Alamain until they made her somewhat campy towards the end of her run on the show.....also loved that whole tension that John had with Lawrence.....

• Members

Oh, bring back Vivian!! She'd be a great addition!!! Someone needs to take down Kate and Vivian would be the perfect person to do it!! Also, they could make Philip, Vivian's child instead of Kate's. She's got great story potential!!

Archived