Days: Actor Leaving!!

• Members

LMFAO!

As for Chad Brannon, I always thought he was sexy in a rootable hero sort of way. But he's not a macho-chacho stud, either. And I like that. It makes him perfect for Shawn Brady. And I could see him having lots of chemistry with Martha Madison.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow.

Could this be the younger actor they want back? Could they be going after Collin O'Donnell? A stretch, I know ... but it is interesting how this pops up ... (although I still hope it's JKJ as Philip)

Anyway, if not, and WHEN (of course they will) they recast, Chad Brannon or Brian Presley would be great choices. Probably not very cheap, but can't be that expensive either ... But I'm sure they'll go for a complete newbie because it'd cost a LOT less.

So is Jason Cook just up and quitting? I read on Jason47's page that Cook's contract isn't up until 2007...

• Members

SOW article, Credit goes to Freda from TBN:

Days of our Lives is losing three of its biggest stars - two temporarily, one long-term.

According to insiders, Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestryn will drop off the canvas for two months this summer while Jason Cook reportedly is leaving the show when his contract expires in September.

Sources say Hall and Hogestryn will be written out to save money; major budget cuts were part of the show's renewal agreement with NBC. When asked for comment, a Days rep responded, " The John, MArlena and Alex story came to a conclusion. As always, certain stories play frontburner for a while and then move backburner as storytelling dictates. This is not unusual John and Marlena are as important to our show as always."

The rep had no comment on Cook's exit, reminding us that the show never discusses contracts. Cook, who has long aspired to produce, direct and write, apparently has several film projects in the works that he wants to pursue. Cook joined Days in 1999.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/222985/mess...+Goings+Section

• Members

I dont mind J&M gone for a little while but then entire summer, what gives? There is no way after what Marlena has just been through the last oh 3 years she would miss Sami or Carrie's wedding. The weddings better not even take place now.

• Members

I'm torn..i'm not a fan of Cook at all..But its going to be tough on Days having so many recasts..if they recast Shawn, Phillip, and Jennifer..the show will be so different..

this was a casting spoiler i wasn't prepared for, i was hoping it was Brody..

• Members

Actually ... I was thinking about the contract thing. He started in 1999, so, if he signed a typical three year deal 1999-2002. Then 2002-2005. And then he could of signed a one year extension, 2005-2006. Makes more sense than his contract expiring in 2007 ...

• Members

Marlena has favoritism.

When Marlena lost her memory, we would get many scence with her and Belle, but there was not a one with Marlena and Sami or Marlena and Carrie. Yea, neither Sami or Carrie put the effort in to see the mother, but if you can go visit one why not the other 2.

Back on topic, I wonder how FF is taking the news. Her and JC were pretty close. They both loved Shimi nad loved working together.

Archived