Days: Actor Leaving!!

• Members

I'm recalling a time when SOW had a major headline that Jason was fired, which was not true and had the fans very upset. So, until I hear it from him, I'll believe it.

The Shelle/Shimi thing would have never had a successful resolution, IMO. The two fanbases were split and always at each other's throats.

Cook almost didn't re-sign this time, but Corday promised Shimi and that got him back. If he leaves, I hope Farah goes with him.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm gonna miss Jason Cook!

However, the highlight is, we can finally have an end to the Shimi/Shelle triangles. With Kyle out, as well, I bet Farah will be next. This allows Belle to move on with a fresh story with someone new.

What I don't understand is, if Shawn is Claire's daddy, then how can they just get rid of him? Maybe Phillip is really the father, and he will die in a race car accident. Or, perhaps, Shawn will be recast.

• Members

I don't think we will get a vet but these are some I wouldn't mind:

steal Josh Casaubon from OLTL

or for mere looks steal Justin Bruening from AMC (can't act much but he looks damn good)

my favorite would be John Paul Lavoisier from OLTL (if they could steal him) but he would probably be better as Philip but I always felt even Philip should have darker hair too and John does not have that

Bryan Buffington (ex-GL)

Justin Torkildsen (ex-B&B)

Jordi Valasuso

Ryan Carnes (would he come back to daytime)

Craig Lawlor (ex-ATWT)

steal Tom Pelphrey from GL

the last couple of those are a year or so younger than Jason Cook but I think they would work

• Members

Farah's on contract till 2008 as I recall.

They will recast. There is no doubt in my mind. Shawn is key to too many stories right now. They could always cast Jeremy Horton or Andrew Donovan for Mimi, but i'm sure they'll stick to Shawn.

Blonde Shawn-Douglas Bradys would never work.

• Members

I don't think so either. I pointed that out with the John-Paul reference. John-Paul is just the type of actor the role needs. He has the rebel rough edge side, looks good, and is a damn good actor.

Of the ones I listed the best choices are Josh Casaubon or Justin Bruening as far as the dark looks and looking like he could be Bo & Hope's son. Jordi Valasuso might work too.

• Members

OMG!!!

YES!!!!!

I used to like him but over the years he has decended into suckiness. I don't think this will hurt the ratings-I think this will really help the show. They can go get a new actor to replace him and be a viable partner for Martha. I winder if this has anything to do with bringing JKJ back. Perhaps they are not recasting Shawn and will just pair Belle with Philip played by JKJ. They can always hire a new, cheaper actor for Shawn. I mean look what they got with Martha-the Days casting department has done a fine job the last few years. Maybe this will help the budget a bit. I do agree there would have been a messy resolution to this with Shimi vs Shelle. I wonder if Jason left because they were ending Shimi or perhaps he only signed to finish out the story like Brandt did?

If it weren't for the damn ratings, it would be nothing but good news for Days :) .

• Members

I have an idea-cast Brian Presley as Shawn like one poster said cast Erin Hersey Presley as Mimi. They would not match Martha's age and then you bring JKJ back and make him look a little matture and all of a sudden you have great acting in this story!! Too good to be true I guess. Brian Presley may come cheap since he isn't working but I don't know if he would fit as Shawn.

It is funny because KR, me, and a few others were posting about the old Shawn Douglas yesterday and we wanted Colin O Donell back. BRING COLIN O DONNELL BACK NOW!! :lol:

Archived