Halloween: The Missing Years

Roman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll reserve judgment until I actually see it. Sounds like from what I've read on various sites that the screenwriter has respect for the Halloween series, so we'll see. Nothing can be worse that Resurrection, except maybe part 5. Barf worthy sequels.

• Members

7 & 8 operate under the assumption that 4-6 didn't happen.

H20 didn't contradict 4-6. It was an easy assumption to make that Laurie faked her death and started over as Kara Tate. Why she left Jamie Lloyd behind is anyone's guess. It also went on to make a point that Loomis had hunted Myers for years before he died.

Resurrection actually goes full out and contradicts 4-6 by placing everyone in a brokedown Myers house, when the Strode family had moved into it in Halloween 6 just 7 or so years prior.

• Members

This is going to be, what? The third time line created in this franchise? I just want one film to tie all these stories together, give us some great suspense, and end this thing. As much as many people feel that H2 did not liveup to the original (I like it alot more now than I did then), it and H4 are still ten times better than anything that has came after H4. H2 fell short because 1- he killed an innocent neighbor for no reason, and 2 - how many hospitals have you been in where the lights are turned off, and has a skeleton staff, even for the overnight shift?

I'll also wait until iit's made to pass judgement, but it just seems to me that Hollywood has now gone prequel crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just watched H2O. I've had it for a long time, but I don't think I've watched it once since I bought it. So, it's been since it was in the theaters since I saw it, I think. I have to say, IMO, it is one of the smartest, most clever, and most suspenseful slasher movies out there. I love it how it throws out the formula and how smart Jamie Lee Curtis' character is.

Resurrection was absolutely one of the worst sequels I've ever seen - next to Jason X. I was so pissed when they re-wrote the ending of H2O. That was a PHENOMENAL end to the series. I can't believe Resurrection even made it into production. What a shame! The franchise really went out on top quality-wise with H2O.

JMO!

• Members

H20 is my favorite as well Mike. The only thing missing from that movie is Loomis, which they had no control over because of Pleasence's death. Still, his absense is quite noticeable. I do like how smart Laurie became at the end. The ONLY scene I had a major problem was after Laurie spotted John and his friend outside the school. They get back to the school and Michael Myers parks the car RIGHT BEHIND THEM, yet they don't see it!!!

• Members

H20 is definitely the best sequel of the series. It has suspense, Jamie Lee Curtis and lots of shocking moments. Too bad it's barely 90 minutes. If there's going to be another sequel, it should exist in that timeline, not mention Ressurection, and involve Laurie's son John.

• Members

You know something interesting? Kevin Williamson wrote the original treatment to H20 and it was SO MUCH better than the finished product. It actually tied together all the movies quite brilliantly, showed Laurie dealing with abandoning her daughter and a somewhat different group of characters. It's available online somewhere, google 'horror scripts' or something like that.

• Members

When I watched H2O,I didn't like it that when she told the teacher she was seeing,that he killed her friends and NOT one mention of Jamie her daughter.I wonder WHY they didn't have her mention her daughter in this movie.I noticed in the fourth movie when Michael was going through the box in Jamie's closet,the picture of Laurie was from the first Halloween when she was waiting for her friend to pick her up and take her to Tommy's house to babysit.IF I remember correctly.

• Members

The only thing that I can think of is that H6 did so poorly at the B.O., and it is not one of the better sequels, in fact it's one of the worst, that they just decided (wrongly, I might add), that they would just forget 4-6 and just focus on H20.

Ressurrection was so bad, whoever thought of that crap hopefully is so long gone from Hollywood by now.

• Members

It's well known that H20 takes place after Halloween 2, nothing else happened. Danielle Harris (Jamie) was offered a role in H20, but they wouldn't give her the $5,000 minimum so she turned them down.

My favorite sequel is Halloween 4, it was well written and tied into the original plot nicely. I also lobsterloved H20 though it did have its problems. It was scaled back like the original which I loved. Halloween 6 had potential to be good, but with Donald Pleasence's death and all the cut scenes, it didn't work out. I head the unofficial Producers Cut is MUCH better.

As for this new prequel, it sounds like a dreadful idea. They will no doubt have to rewrite history to make this work and I have no interest in seeing it.

• Members

I love H$ becuase it was technically well made, and had a ton of suspense. I really liked everything about it. H2 was a good follow-up, and I liked how it takes place on the same night, but it had three problems.

1. Michael would not have killed the teenage girl at the beginning. She had nothing to do with him getting Laurie.

2. There was too much of Michael being seen in this movie. He was great in the first one where you saw him so little, you didn't know where he was.

3. How many hospitals have you been to where the lights were turned off, and they had one doctor, two nurses, a candy striper, one security guard, and hardly no patients?

H6 could have been so much better. H20 was better, even though it took too long for it to build up, and seemed to end much too soon. I don't even consider Resurrection as a part of the series.

Archived