Halloween: The Missing Years

Roman

• Members

Danielle Harris (Jamie) was offered a role in H20, but they wouldn't give her the $5,000 minimum so she turned them down.

It was H6, not H20. Because Harris turned them down, Jamie was recast for H6 and killed off.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh yes, you're right! I had completely forgotten about Jamie in that movie, I hated what they did with her. In the Producers Cut she lives for more of the film, but it still wouldn't be the same without the original actress in the role. Imagine them recasting Jamie Lee Curtis or any of the other leads. They should've given her the money.

• Members

4. Laurie Strode spends almost the entire movie drugged unconscious.

John Carpenter himself has even gone WTF over that one, and he wrote the thing (under the influence of a six-pack according to the documentary on one of the Halloween movies' DVD releases)

They could have salvaged it had they gone with their other big story contender for Halloween 9. Bianca Kajlich's character Sara turning out to be the child of Jamie Lloyd. Would have made Resurrection make sense, as we know Michael is driven to kill only his family.

• Members

I asked myself during that whole movie why is he chasing this girl?! Who is she to him? Poorly written, acted and no suspense whatsoever.

I meant to say H4. I don't know why I had a dollar sign in that post. :)

That would have been a good idea. I really wish someone would write a Halloween script tying all of them together, amke the story simple, and give us some damn suspense. I have never been one for alot of gore in place of suspense.

BTW Drew, good call on Laurie being drugged. Even JLC said how dissapointed she was that she slept through the entire film. Did you also know that the original idea for H2 was it was supposed to take place one year later and Laurie was supposed to live in a high-rise apartement building? And that JC only threw Laurie and Michael being siblings in H2 because he said he didn't know how he could tie that with the first one? He thought he told the story in the first movie.

• Members

I've now been reading that ROB ZOMBIE is rumored to be directing the next Myers flick! That would be insanely cool. With three new DVD releases in the coming months, they are definitely trying to revive the franchise.

• Members

Crazy. Ridiculous. Insane. Far-out.

But, Halloween is more down-to-earth concept that Devil's Rejects of HO1C, if you could believe it! :lol: I hope he does well with it! IMO, DR was an improvement over HO1C.

I am very excited to see what he does with this.

• Members

I wasn't completely wrong. He isn't directed the prequel as he said on his blog, instead he's doing a reimagining aka a remake.

After Rob Zombie posted on his blog that he would not be directing Halloween 9, the rumors started flying anew that, while he wasn't signed on to direct a sequel, there was a good chance he would be doing a remake. Well, Bloody Disgusting got their hands on the actual press release from the Weinstein Company announcing that Rob Zombie is, in fact, tackling a new Halloween movie.

"Zombie's vision of this film is an entirely new take on the legend and will satisfy fans of the classic Halloween legacy while beginning a new chapter in the Michael Myers saga," states the press release. "This new movie will not only appeal to horror fans, but to a wider movie-going audience as well. It will not be a copycat of any prior films in the Halloween franchise. The film is set for an October 2007 theatrical release."

Zombie will be writing, directing, and producing the film, which sounds like it will be what Hollywood likes to refer to as a "re-imaginging". My only issue with it, and I know I’m going to get no end of [!@#$%^&*] for this, is that it sounds like he’s writing it solo, which means it could suffer from the same issues as The Devil’s Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses. We can only hope the script is given a polish or two before rolling because, while a truly visionary director, Zombie’s storytelling skills leave something to be desired.

I’m sure we’ll be hearing more and more details about this soon enough, so keep your ears open!

http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/index.p...rticle&sid=5073

• Members

Oh yeah I didn't mention it, but I'm REALLY happy that they decided to do a remake and not a prequel. Now I just hope they keep it very simple and reality based which is what made the original work so well. I don't want any cheese or excess gore.

I really wish they'd release the entire series in a special edition collectors set. I believe Friday the 13th and Freddy have collections. Speaking of, I need to buy them! I love me some horrors! I also need to get Day of the Dead and Land of the Dead which I haven't seen yet.

I'm being a bad horror fan at the moment.

• Members

I don't think AB can do it because they don't own the rights to all of the Halloween films, which stinks. I would really love to see this Producer's Cut of H:TCOMM. I keep hearing how it is much better than that crap that was released at the theaters.

As long as he sticks with the suspense and atmospere (sp?) that was in the original and in H4, and keep the story just as simple as in the original, and concentrate on the horror, it should do quite well. I really feel that Halloween fans have always wanted suspense over gore every time a movie has come out, and hopefully Rob will have heard the fans and will give us what we want.

I also don't want Michael to be this super killer he has turned into. He was at his scariest when he was just a psychotic man bent on killing Laurie Strode. That's how it should stay.

Archived