Fox's MyNetworkTV Launching Three MORE Telenovelas!

KMan101

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We all ready knew about "Watch Over Me", I believe. When "Desire" was originally going to be a year round syndicated project, they order three novelas: "Table for Three", "Fashion House" and "Forever Julia". "Forever Julia" was announced shortly before the announcement for My Network TV and I was wondering if they would do anything with it. "Forever Julia" is based on the Argentinian (?) soap "Resistirme" about a love triangle involving blood smuggling. "Watch Over Me" sounds like "Forever Julia".

• Members

The one thing I find very interesting about the novelas is the multigenerational aspect that is coming up. There is a lot hinging in these plots on the mature adult leads as well as the young adult roles. The crux of two of the stories is about the fighting between the parents: "A Dangerous Love" and "The Art of Betrayal". Daytime soaps are so quick to focus on the younger generation, but these stories are focusing on the two generations, or at least it seems.

When they announced "Forever Julia", now "Watch Over Me", I looked into the original novela "Resistire". It's actually really interesting if they follow the original story. In the IMDB comments it sounds like a very "Edge of Night"-esque story with a love triangle with characters who aren't necessarily black or white in terms of characterization. Of course, who knows how the American one will play out.

My guess is that "Art of Betrayal" and "A Dangerous Love" are also remakes but I'm curious to what the originals might be.

• Members

I am REALLY looking forward to these telenovelas and I found out the affiliate here will carry MyNetworkTV. So, in addition to the three soaps I watch during the day, I also have the telenovelas to look forward to at night.

Screw the CW. I want MyNetworkTV!

• Members

I just wonder if these will be more similar to daytime or primetime soaps, lol. I plan on watching the first two, then picking one to watch. Airing it in primetime is a big mistake because who can commit to five days a week? With a DVR you can only record two things at once and I'm sure this will come up during the season.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well in my case, i watched the original version in spanish of "watch over me" named "Resistiré" (I will resist)

Anyway, let me tell you ist's not lame at all. I'll try not to reveal much about the story so you can know it as you watch it, but i'll tell you a little about it

it starts as a simple soap opera, with the girl (Julia) meeting first her future fyonce (in the original named Mauricio, here: Sebastian), a rich guy who owns some organic farm, and then meeting the guy who'll complete the love triangle, the tailor named Jack (Diego in the original) he gets in their lives when he's hired by Sebastian first as his personal tailor.

Now the thing get's interesting, Jack ends up by accident finding the real business of Sebastian (he's part of a mafious group wich involves senators and other business people in blood traffic)

suddenly in the running of chapters you get involved in an action series wich began as a soap opera, showing scenes of sex action, corruption and more action and a really complicated love story that creates a huge web of characters relationships.

anyway that's a really small review of Watch over me (at least of its original version) hopefully american version will be the same or at least close to it.

Some pics:

Diego (Jack)

1z4y64h.jpg

Julia

1z4y9m9.jpg

Mauricio (Sebastian)

1z4ya7b.jpg

1z4ybz7.jpg

here's the original "Resisitire" website (in spanish)

http://www.resistire.intrada.com.ar/

Changing the subject:

There's a great series here in Argentina named "los simuladores" about someguys which solve any kind of trouble for their clients making simulations, acts to make believe a certain situation that will help the client. Anyway, thing is that Sony bought the rights for the american version, yet i haven't heard any news about it.Does anyone know anything about it?

Archived