Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Checking in since I haven't been around today...

remos, still have to catch up on your fic.

funny, I read your latest chapter and left a comment.

bsg, hope the unpacking is going well.

hooked, was there a party in the BR earlier?

Lady A, good to see you posting.

tracynluke, were you able to get what you needed posted?

knh, hope you're week is going better.

Lainey, yes, the end is hear. One more chapter and then an epilogue.

TL, halee, and nex, don't want you to think I'm forgetting you guys, so hi!!!

To those we haven't seen in awhile: Addie, tracyluver, ILTQ, MagicHappens, etc... Come out, come out wherever you are. :D

• Members

Just bumping the thread. Guess Tracy's little appearance next week isn't enough to warrant cable guide mentions or mentions on Soaps.com.

Argghhh!

Should be used to it by now...

I did read that from SB appearance at fan club weekend, that Monica would be in the park with him, jake and cam and elizabeth. Jason leaves and then MOnica talks to Liz. Guess that is coming up in a couple weeks maybe as it has been taped I guess.

So Rachel--guess there is some monica coming up. Guess she is out of rehab or just on an outing! Hope she doesn't find a flask in the park and get tempted so they throw her back in!

• Members

Oh yeah--booked my ticket! Am coming to NY!!

But on a bad note....not a good day in my house with business stuff. Guess the economy had to catch up sometime. Two big clients--gone!

Yeah...maybe in like 30 minutes or so! I just came in from swimming and need to change and do a few things around here. Wanna shoot for like 5:15ish central time 6:!5ish NY time? Anyone else around for that later?

• Members

WTMF is this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080711/ap_en_...e_genie_francis

Genie Francis is coming back August 26th for a mother daughter story with lulu for a few episodes? At least Luke isn't around at all! Surely this is like a lulu breakdown or dream maybe?

From SON: http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/soaps/g ... ehomegenie

Genie Francis Brings Laura Back to 'GH'

Friday, July 11, 2008 5:00 PM | By Errol Lewis

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- Beginning Tuesday, August 26, look for actress Genie Francis to reprise her iconic role of Laura Spencer on the daytime soap opera "General Hospital."

"This is a short visit," Francis said in an interview with the The Associated Press on Friday. "It's a mother-daughter story. Years ago when I started playing the character as a 14-year-old girl, it was a mother-daughter story, only I was the daughter. So it's kinda cool this is full circle. It's nice to come back for visits. 'General Hospital' is my home."

Francis is referring to her storyline with on-screen daughter Lulu Spencer, played by Julie Berman since 2005. After being cured by a supposed miracle drug of Robin (Kimberly McCullough) and Patrick's (Jason Thompson) in 2007, Laura returned to the catatonic state she had been in for years since Laura couldn't deal with the reality of killing her father.

Lulu is expected to have a breakdown in the coming weeks due to the recent death of former love, Logan Hayes (Josh Duhon), who she killed on Monday's episode of the soap. Lulu was defending herself against Logan after he attacked her enemy/co-worker, Maxie Jones (Kirsten Storms) in the Crimson offices across the street. She will go on the run with Johnny (Brandon Barash) in order to avoid police the week of July 21.

"I would stay on, but 'General Hospital' honestly doesn't seem to want that relationship with this character at the moment," said Francis. "They want little short doses during sweeps periods. It's not entirely up to me. I'm thrilled and delighted my audience stands behind me. If they didn't, you can be sure I wouldn't get to come back for these visits."

Francis hit it big in the 1980's with her on-screen romance with Luke Spencer, played by Anthony Geary. The couples marriage on the ABC soap in 1981 remains the most watched televised event in daytime history with 30 million viewers. Elizabeth Taylor guest-starred in the episode as villainess Helena Cassadine.

"General Hospital" airs Weekdays on ABC. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings.

Edited by hookedongh

• Members
Yeah, like Tracy's Day Pass from ShadyBrook. LOL.

Wow, and no insider called this? :lol: I wonder if this is why Tracy was left out of Lulu's breakdown story... Not that I totally blame GH. I mean it does make more sense to include Laura instead of Tracy... Though, I am wondering if she is just magically going to come out of catatonia or what? Maybe a multi-day dream? 'Cause really, if you bring her out of catatonia, she's would have to find out Luke is married to Tracy, and I don't see happening without Luke on the canvas... Uh oh. Maybe November Sweeps! :ph34r: As for short-term vs. long-term...I'm not so convinced it's an anti-Laura thing...It's probably 'cause GF is too expensive for them.

• Members

Yeah i'm thinking that her return is going to be a dream for Lulu. I really can't see them bringing her back for a "short visit" (not short term basis) and not follow up with what happened in 2007, plus let's not forget that the drug that she was given was a one time shot thing. It would make perfect sense that Laura appear to Lulu in her time of need. I'm guessing her short visit will be a few episodes and thats it.

• Members

Seriously, she's lucky that they bring her back at all. I mean, come on, most people know not to bite the hand that feeds them and most actors know not to whine in the press when they have a gig. There are a lot of unemployed actors out there!

Hmmm. I wonder how this will play out. It's pre-Tony's return (I hope) and it's just random and weird for them to bring her out of catonia (so sick of them saying "catonia" on the show). I hope it's just a random weird psych episode with Lulu where she thinks her mother is around. So weird that they are doing it at the end of summer. It's not like the summer audience that they are going for primarily teens and college students give a hoot about LS. They weren't even around when she was on the show in her "prime."

Ok. I'm calming down. And backing away from the keyboard. Unless someone is around for the BR with me? ;)

• Members

Hey everyone, we're all home.

About the GF thing, meh... Luke isn't back. I'm guessing it's probably Lulu in some phase state conversing with her mother. It would take too much tinkering with story for her to actually wake up. And I don't think money has anything to do with it, Ms.Q, I think ewcbo is too big for her boots and they don't want her (they have enough $$ for SBr and VM, after all). They probably couldn't think of any other way to get the connection between Lulu/Laura except through this. It's very telling that she's not coming back for long, it isn't anything outside of Lulu proping and it isn't while TG is on air.

Tuesday eh.... This coming week, right?

Okay... very proud Mommy momment....

Ruah chose drama as her elective during music camp. No surprise seeings how she's a Diva. Anyway they did the play this evening. The entire theme of the camp was Who's Your Idol? (Answer: God/Christ) based on Canadian Idol (and some whiney American show like that ;) ...). The drama itself was a take on Canada's Got Talent. There were five contestant and the panel of judges. One was a magician with a card trick and a very bad temper, the second was a juggler who cut himself with plastic swords, third was a cornet player who's mother was one of the judges, fourth was a real drama queen who thought herself the next big star and the fifth was Ruah - she played the water glasses. The drama queen convinced every other contestant to knock over one of the glasses so Ruah's wouldn't be able to compete. In the end she only had one glass left and her name was called as the final contestant.

Now.... drum roll please....

Ruah walks up to the mic, and takes it in her hand then talks to God saying she doesn't understand - how is she going to compete if she doesn't have her talent to show the judges? Then she closes her eyes like she's in prayer and starts singing, by herself, to a crowd of 300 people. Honestly, you could have heard a pin drop. It was so clear and so sure and so good. Everyone was impressed. Those who knew her went wild, and I had tears streaming down my face. Words just don't do it justice. She was amazing.

Needless to say her character won the contest, and I had no idea it was coming.

After the concert strangers and fellow campers kept coming up to her and congratulating her on her singing. And she is so proud of herself.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that. Now I'm going to spend some time with my big kids and put them to bed. Night all.