GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think it's fair to blame Vanessa for deals GH willingly gives her and for her to leave when it expires.  Do I wish she'd commit longer? Yes.  Has it screwed up long term plans? Yes.  But I can't fault someone for fulfilling their contract and leaving when it is done. She doesn't owe us or GH a lifetime of servitude.  I think every time she left her reasons were valid.

But Ingo's been trashed for way different reasons.  I don't feel it has anything to do with gender.  It's more like he's an awful person.  Not "difficult", "high maintenance", or "controlling" so I don't see the correlation there.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I also like Brenda & VM but I don't see Frank going anywhere anytime soon. (Or Mo.) So, it's not actually a real problem because it's moot. As fans we can talk all we want about people we want back on the show but some instances are high 98% unlikely. Others, actual chances exist. Frank even had Demi Moore set to return but then it fell through. I'm half surprised he hasn't recast Jackie Templeton. 

And Ingo is not a fit for this.

Edited by Contessa Donatella

• Members

So much Michael hate. I love him and he proofed time and time again that he can act but with what exactly? Writers seem not interested in his character and he doesn’t give a damn and takes the paycheck and is phoning it in. I wish Hayden would return for him. They were fire.

There is much more left in him… and he has great hair! I would miss seeing his hair 

• Members

I heard that & hadn't posted it because I looked for verification & did not find any. Great, so it's true, she's doing a thing with Maurice!  The pressure from fans to bring back Brenda will just intensify! Sometimes it is great to live in Interesting Times! 

• Members

For sure.  My point was I feel like Ingo deserves the criticism while Genie, Vanessa, whoever don't.  So our basic ideas are the same, but I wouldn't defend Genie or Vanessa if they didn't want to get vaxxed back then either.

• Members

I think she's done a few with Mo over the last decade, but I don't know the last one.  It has to have been several years.  I think she was a special guest of Mo's on fanclub weekend maybe 6 or 7 years ago. They are both still pretty friendly so it's not terribly surprising.  Tbh,  I am not the best at recalling fan events because you tend to hear the same stories and info over and over especially with non-current cast member events.

• Members
Posted (edited)

It looks like 2014 where Vanessa was a guest at NLG's GH fan club weekend event.  That's not to say she hasn't done some events with others, but not at the fan club weekend.

Is Vanessa low key/high key campaigning for her job back?  Don't answer just let me live in carolineg's dream world for a while.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Frank has a rep of keeping his thoughts close and doesn’t share too much. Take with a HUGE grain of salt anyone on here who tries to report Frank’s thoughts and why he won’t allow people back on the show. The board spammer who knows Frank’s innermost plans for GH and would love for everyone to believe that they are in the writers meetings and report every decision Frank makes and why is full of you know what. Come on people. Frank is NOT the telling type. 

• Members

I agree. The number of romantic pairings of contract players with recurring actors is such an odd choice. I think there will need to be some shifts made. I still don't get a sense of what the main stories are on the show that I am suppose to be seeing center stage. A lot of what is working for me right now is character's individual journeys. I just don't necessarily feel these are actual stories yet, but rather motivation and character exploration.  

I imagine there will be some sorta of legal situation involving Sonny being potential sent to prison for the assault on Cyrus since that has been a talking point since Korte and Mulcahey were being credited. Dex and Joss broke up over it. There was all the talk the last two days about it. Now, whether or not Sonny's medication will be used as an excuse is to be seen. 

I thought the Anna / Laura conversation was fairly strong. I appreciate the amount of introspection that characters are doing regarding explaining why they are who they are or why they have chosen to act the way they have. In some ways, Anna and Laura have been characters that has been drawn to dangerous men so their relationships with Sonny make sense. I'm curious to see if this attitude will be maintained as the show moves forward. 

I thought the strongest scenes today were in the story revolving around Gregory's failing health. The show has done a really nice job the last two days having Gregory dispense rather sound advice to other characters regarding parenting as it highlights not only who he is as a person, but makes me care a bit more about him. I am going to be upset about his passing. I don't think this is the level of Stone's death, but I appreciate that there is an honest examination about a person's feelings regarding the fact that they are in their final days. I am not always thrilled with Michael Easton's choices, but I did find he did a better than usual job portraying the guilt Finn has over the affair with Jackie and the bitter hostility he has felt for his father. Alexis and Finn's scenes were really well done and that wasn't a dynamic I was expecting to enjoy.  

Gregory's analysis of the Jake/Jason/Liz situation was intriguing because it leaned into Liz's feelings over this situation. I liked Gregory trying to compare Jake to Finn as I imagine this is a dynamic that they were trying to develop in those few pre-Mulcahey and Korte episodes I watched. I am assuming the vape story is being dropped. Who was vaping? 

I thought Chase and Brook Lynn reflecting on their backgrounds was insightful, but I am only interested in this thread because I imagine Chase would receive some sort of money following Gregory's death and how that money will impact their dynamic.