GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, I know she took 3 pills, but I don't know what those 3 pills were.  Again, it probably doesn't matter in the scheme of things so I won't harp on it.  I just don't know why Ava was immediately convinced all Sonny's meds were off from her misusing Sonny's medicine.  And why Sonny keeps his meds in the bathroom that looks like a hallway powder room and not in his own bathroom.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought that bathroom was a new set. 

The only way I understand it is that, even though this is amazingly stupid, Ava took 3 of the pills they made a point to show us & the reason she had them tested is because they didn't even make her drowsy, so that was what triggered her suspicion of them. She didn't pull out any other pill bottles, just that one. And the reason she had no reaction is because they're so weak. But if you had to take some psychiatric meds, bipolar are possibly less dangerous than others because the new meds are basically just mood stabilizers. Not that anyone should ever try this at home!!! But it wouldn't be like taking haldol or something. More like antidepressants than anti-psychotics. 

• Members

While you're busy not believing all I said (perhaps believing the important part) I'll test you on this one. But, I think you'll believe this one. No Spencer recast. The only way Sprina will exist is her new guy is named Samuel Ward. But would that just yield Srina? S'Rina? Steven Ward! All fixed. 

• Members

I didn't think the Dex scenes were that bad.  I mean they were silly in a fun way.  They didn't bother me at all.

I also think Ava's hair looks good.  I was skeptical at first, but I like the haircut now.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think some of their outdoor filming has been cartoonish - like the time they had Sonny and Selina meet 'on the streets' near his establishment or hers and it was so obviously just a piece of the backlot and a studio/soundstage door lol. There was nothing real-looking about that. But most of it I feel has worked well enough in the last couple years, surprisingly so and particularly is better lit. It's nowhere near as glaring as the dreadful, Peapack-adjacent attempts at location work for ATWT near the end or the very off-putting, obviously Los Angeles park AMC kept going to in its last couple years after the move.

I didn't have a problem with the setting for the Dex thing - it's exactly how that kind of course would look lol. It's the montage that is truly silly to me. But hey, it ate up a minute of airtime!

Edited by Vee

• Members

I watched Peggy McCay sell Wanchai Ferry for weeks on end so I'm not a good judge here, but I didn't mind it. It was a bit cringey, but I think it is important to show some part of the test since they've invested the time in telling the story of Dex entering the academy. For a show that has been trying to show every important beat, I think it was a smart move, but definitely not executed in way that emphasizes the show's strengths. 

The show still seems to be finding its way. I like the general tone and atmosphere, but the dialogue could be a little crisper in places. I think there were a lot of small choices today that I appreciated. Ava choosing Trina over the call from the lab made Ava a little more layered. Michael joking about Carly having a new boyfriend. Lois micromanaging every bit of the wedding down to asking Finn if they need a standby officiant reminding Finn of the reality of his father's condition. Dante inviting Anna to the bachelor party. 

I also appreciate the crossover in stories. Dex and Cyrus running into each other at the police station. Joss learning about John's beating and pointing out how hopeless this will be for Dex. Dante taking over the bachelor party planning as Finn continues to be overwhelmed.

I'm sure there are spoilers, and I don't want any, but I appreciate the building anticipation towards Brook Lynn and Chase's wedding  even if I'm not finding every step exciting. I feel like something Sonny related should be happening whether it will be another attempt on his life or his being arrested. The immediate follow up should be Alexis' hearing about being reinstated. I also imagine that Gregory will probably kick the bucket not long after. All of this is interesting to me so I don't mind waiting as long as they play different angles in the meantime. 

• Members

I thought the montage was a bit of a 90's throwback where the show would do some silly montages.  I was just wondering if Dante or Chase could complete that course.

Oh boy, remember when Days of our lives did a full on Midol commercial?  I still feel bad for Lindsay Hartley having to recite that dialogue.

I don't love Lois micromanaging this wedding.  It's in character, but I feel like Lois is so much more than that.  I don't think Brook Lynn would even care that much if Sonny wasn't at her wedding, but I do like Sonny/Lois scenes.

• Members

In my mind choosing not to recast a part means that they think that the original actor can't be replaced or that they want him back when he chooses to return.

Can it be Sean Ward? Can't we keep the Steven name for a Hardy or a Webber?

• Members

In this instance that does not apply. They could have had NAC back for a period of weeks, maybe a month & a half, and chose not to. When D&C were in place they planned to recast a new actor as Spencer. Now they instead want to go with a new guy for Trina. As I said it suggests to me a change in thinking with the writing change. 

Sure.