GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Seems to me his being someone's son is some kind of group mind wish fulfillment. Since all Sexy Dexy does is have sex, strike poses, get new hairstyle, perhaps we can psychoanalyze this fan wish fulfillment. As armchair Dr. Marlena Evans, the only choice for shrink to the soaps, we'd just say fans want him to be more substantial. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I could let it slide, but Jagger made a big old deal about Leo and comparing him to his autistic son.  He did say he was doing well and living on his own, but I don't know if that means two tours in the war good lol.  It doesn't mean it can't happen, but if I recall Stone's autism as a child was fairly severe.   I really don't know enough about autism to know if it's realistic to manage it as an adult as well as it appears Dex has.

I tend to agree.  The only reason I think Dex might stick around longer is because of Joss.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I don't believe it would be credible for someone to be severely autistic in childhood & be somehow incredibly high functioning as an adult. But, my knowledge is only anecdotal. My college roommate has an adult son who was & still is severely autistic & he lives happily in a group home & spends weekends with them. The military would've been out of question for him &  he can't work at a regular job. 

• Members

The military thing is probably what throws me the most if Dex was Stone.  I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, but I think it might be insulting to backpedal on the autism so much.  But I am no expert and don't want to speak about things I don't really know much about.

If we had to make Dex Jagger's son I would probably just make him some long lost son he didn't know about or something.  I am not advocating more story for Dex to be clear though!

Yup!  And no one will be sad about it.

Well, the one thing I can say about CM is he does manage to find work all the time.

• Members

Having autism does not mean you can't serve in the army. I think it would just be about how severe it was at the time of joining. But again, who knows?

Yes, he does. Surprised Kelly Ripa didn't try and land him for Live.