GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nope. True to their announced word, we will see him first on Monday. But, clearly this week the stage has been set in at least a couple of ways. Even if it were going to be a surprise return I think we'd be scratching our heads, thinking about some things seeming to be 'Jasonized. 

• Members

I don't think the Jason mentions were that clunky?  They were clear, but it sorta flowed with the situations he was brought up in.

They've mentioned Morgan a few times this week too and as far as I know he isn't coming back.

• Members

Nope, no Morgan. I mean, someday there could be. Not at this particular time. And, please I do hope that some people leave before too many arrive!!! 

However, it was so deliriously funny when Morgan was first mentioned, because of the Olivia Jerome death, on Twitter people outdid themselves with who would now be playing Morgan. The best one was Roger Howarth! There were tons more. 

• Members

I really don't care about Morgan one way or the other, but I did notice he was mentioned a few times.

I know there have been a lot of Jason mentions, but I haven't found it as awkward as some big name returns where their entire life is exposited by some character a day or so before they come back

• Members
Posted (edited)

Me either, about Morgan. I believe Dan & Chris were responsible for all the Morgan mentions. And speaking of them, as of today I believe we're at the point where I say, Good riddance! I've been very critical of so many things about their writing for such a long time & now that Frank FINALLY saw that a change had to happen I even think they probably never should have been promoted from within. GH would have been better off with a much more substation HW. LOL! substantial, not substation. 

And, about Jason, it hasn't been obnoxious at all, I don't think. Just some pretty good writing, even delicate. Not really foreshadowing but a kind of code to the fans. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
If it's not a typo, it's autocorrect.

• Members

It's been said on this site over and over again that Morgan will never be back. I'm fine with that and I agree. We've moved on from that for years. They can mention him (as well as Karen, Stone, recent other mentions), but that never means the character is on their way back.

Except for Jason. This time we know Jason is coming back , so it's not random posting anymore. They are bringing in all of Jason's supporting cast (Sam, Jake. Danny and his substance use problems, etc.) Sonny needing someone to trust. I'm sure that Dex will be Jason's son, so he can come back to Port Chuck and not have to worry anymore.

But it is prevalent on many other popular soap websites to say that Morgan will be coming back. It's ridiculous how often it's mentioned.  If only I could tell them all how I feel about that. If only someone would go tell them to stop with the Morgan pipe dream of coming back. Then again, my opinions are what got me in trouble this last time on other sites. LOL

• Members
Posted (edited)

I find it highly unlikely Dex is Jason's son lol. That sounds like out of control spec.

I have never heard anyone opine that Morgan will never be back. I do think he's not coming back any time soon and people always over-assume that he's back anyday because his death was so anticlimactic. People jump to it constantly and there's no real sign of that.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Well, you know they always say that as soon as any person not currently present, but from the past, is mentioned, Bingo! Soap fans immediately think that means they're going to be brought back!! And, apparently, it is true! I confess that I find it more or less amusing. Probably you should not tell them off, but instead let them prattle on & just move right on past their "Morgan Musings" & if you can't laugh about it, then avert your eyes or say a rosary or try to recall obscure baseball stats.   

Please register in order to view this content

@Beachstorm I forgot one thing. I have long thought that Keisha might've been pregnant with JasonQ's child. is there any way you can convince yourself that Sexy Dexy is biracial? If not, I can't come up with any "what if" to make him Jason's son. Just trying to help ... 

• Members
Posted (edited)

That makes more sense to me, but we haven't seen any signs that Dex is autistic at all.  Jagger mentioned his son was living on his own and doing well or something when he was talking to Olivia and Leo.  So far it doesn't really add up, but it's more believable than Dex being Jason's son.  Dex is probably just Dex and soon to be forgotten.

ETA-do you mean Dex is another Jagger kid that's not Stone?  Because I guess that's plausible.

Edited by carolineg